• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Sound Question - MP3 file will not play upon test in Animate or publish to Safari

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Community, sorry to trouble you, hope all are doing well during this strange time with the pandemic.  

A long time user of Flash from long ago.  Most likely making a mess of it with the newer Animate offering with Canvas HTML5.  Able to present moving loaded content without sound uploaded to a server for a browser for awhile now.  Able to insert mp3 formate files in Animate just fine and export video files.  But having a real problem with testing the sound file for Canvas or having the mp3 load properly upon publishing to web server.  Using Safari browser.  Have read every posting the past couple of days, trying all the different helpful tips on the sound subject, but I am missing the obvious.  Seem to be stuck.  Made certain to use 44.1 kHz, 16 bit sound file.  It doesn't play the sound in a test either while running Animate before publishing, but if I open the test HTML page individually on my computer without Animate open, it will work.  Would greatly appreciate some advice for a clear novice.  

Here are two test animations with Canvas HTML5.  

One has just the file loaded:

Milton Test without Audio Control  

When I check the page source after publishing it will tell state for the sound file: "An Error Occured Trying To Load The Resource"

The other included a test with a simple Audio Control:

Milton PL Test with Audio Control:  

Sometimes, occasionally, when I play the sound with the audio control, it will trigger the original Canvas HTML file to play the sound file correctly.  As if the Safari browser needs a jump.  

Hope you don't mind helping another - thank you in advance if you have the time.  

TOPICS
Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

When I discovered that Chrome won't allow auto play I switched to audio activation with a button. The attached graphic shows the "Narration" button that activates our sound file/mp3 (Canvas).

Looks like you figured it out in your post above however. Just imparting another experience from another long time Flash proponent. I really miss 99 levels and streaming audio vs event audio the most.Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.25.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the obvious is that every Canvas HTML5 product will need an interal play button for sound?  So used to the event run in the older Flash, to auto play the sound file.  Perhaps someone could share the proper way to auto run an internal sound file if possible without the play button when publishing?  Is it a simple actionscript version in Canvas HTML5?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was possible to work around the browser requirement for user interaction before playing sound, they wouldn't have implemented that requirement in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see - thank you for the very kind and thorough explanation.

Wishing you and yours the very best at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I discovered that Chrome won't allow auto play I switched to audio activation with a button. The attached graphic shows the "Narration" button that activates our sound file/mp3 (Canvas).

Looks like you figured it out in your post above however. Just imparting another experience from another long time Flash proponent. I really miss 99 levels and streaming audio vs event audio the most.Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.25.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really appreciate your reply - very kind of you to share.   Thank you.

Yes, well said.  Agree with missing certain things one is used to.  Completely understand the benefits of the new, always hard to adjust and relearn again.  Seems always something gained and lost with the changes.  My mind gets distracted with still thinking of the work being published as a whole, like a video mp4 file (or the old swf), instead of elements of data stored in different areas/folders, etc.  Hoping it will get better with practice.  

Looks like you have a fine design - user friendly is key for those like my slow self.  Merry Merry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very nice chatting with you! I am Chris Lona at cld@cldesign.co if you would like links to samples we're doing with Animate. Maybe a learning opportunity for us both!

My sound issue is with iPhones and Mac Book Air not playing sound. Activating a button to hear sound works everywhere else (desktop Safari, Chrome, Edge). 

Just now on an iPhone I pulled up the direct URL of one of the mp3 files and heard the audio just fine. So now the question is why doesn't Canvas/html5 output from Animate not play user activated sound on iPhone, Mac Book Air?

Merry to you as well and Happy H too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines