• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any plans to re-introduce some sort of scene capability?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Animate to create app demos with advanced animations and transitions.  I am maintaining a demo that has over 75 screens, and each screen is around 100 frames and 15-20 layers.  In AS3 it's easy because I can break them up into scenes.

Now support for the Flash plugin is going away in 2021. 

As you can imagine my demo will be a nightmare in HTML canvas...having a demo that's 7500 frames and 1500 layers.  I started to build it out, but when then someone requested a simple change it immediately became unmanageable.  All of my keyframes change causing the html5 to be screwed up.  There will be no more adding or editing screens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you deploying the resulting demo? You could always use a Projector or even AIR if you want to stick with AS3. Additionally, the beta WebGL and VR platforms support scenes in Animate - only HTML5 Canvas does not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is intended for use on an iPad Pro.  Our Vice President takes the iPad to hospitals and doctors to show them the functionality of the web app we are building.  The original version was just hosted on surge.sh and he would open a browser to display it.  When I got word of Flash support going away I built a version in HTML5 with a web object that pulls the surge domain in.  As the app has grown and new functionality has been requested by doctors, I'm finding it impossible to build the app out in Animate.

As I indicated, he is married to the iPad.  I created a small app in Xcode that pulls in the web view.  I don't think (based on my limited research) that projector will work on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Air SDK.  Can I design/develop my demo in Animate and publish to Air and have a working iPad app?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, you can produce an iPad app with Animate and AIR. You are correct that Projector will not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As you can imagine my demo will be a nightmare in HTML canvas...having a demo that's 7500 frames and 1500 layers."

You know movieclips are a thing, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines