• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any solution to "Could not load scene into memory. Your document may be damaged."

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

So I've been working on an animation in Animate CC and on Feb 28 the file got the "Could not load scene into memory..." error message. I've been saving it directly to iCloud drive and for some reason the recover files ALSO got corrupted with the SAME error message. I couldn't find any solution except a winrar solution that it didn't work. Yesterday I was also working on an animation, this time it didn't have any assets and it was perfectly fine until today when the file got the same error message! I would really like to know if there's any way to recover these files, one is a months worth of work and I would like to know the reason as well. Please help, thank you!

TOPICS
Error , How to , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I'm sorry for the loss of your work, but file corruption does happen and the only way to avoid big losses is to organise proper backups. This means that you frequently save versions of your file through the day (by adding some suffix to the file name) and every night you back up these to at least two external locations.

Everything else exposes you to losses as you have just experienced.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you were saving directly to iCloud drive - did you mean you were working from an iCloud drive inside the FLA document or you were working locally and copying over to iCloud drive? It's always dangerous to read/write to a cloud based service. Any hiccup in connection can cause any number of problems such as a corrupt file.
It may be your file is unrecoverable. In the future, always try and save to your local drive and as @n__tilcheff  mentioned, saveas with a new file name often and then copy to a backup drive whenever possible to ensure you don't lose work with any important files. Sorry this has happened to you.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding!

I saved them directly to icloud drive, at first I thought it was that but now I got a new corrupted file that is on the desktop, same error and the file barely has anything. I'm starting to worry if it's a virus on the computer or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not impossible to be a virus, but it could be your RAM or HDD/SSD failing also.

RAM errors manifest themselves in all kinds of unusual erratic behaviour.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines