• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to clean out old files from FLA file that aren't shown in Animate library?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having issues going back and forth from mac to PC where there are old assets with the same name (showing up when the FLA is unzipped) and the Mac displays one set of files, while the PC decides to display the older versions.

the library within Animate only shows one set of assets, not the hidden ones in the unzipped FLA

Also in the unzipped FLA there are very old assets from an old game this one was templated from sticking around causing increased file size.

I can't find any info on how to manage this issue, or any scripts...or any way within Animate to display hidden files in the library...

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks

Mike

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Hi Mike,

Don't know if you remember, but back in the Macromedia days there was a "Save and Compact" option in the File menu which would go through all the assets and clean up the file. They removed it in the first Adobe release.

Here is what I do and it seems to work well:

1. Save the FLA file you want to clean up as Uncompressed Document XFL.

2. Save the XFL as FLA. This new FLA will be free of all the residual unused stuff.

To check you can compare the sizes of the original and new FLA files.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Don't know if you remember, but back in the Macromedia days there was a "Save and Compact" option in the File menu which would go through all the assets and clean up the file. They removed it in the first Adobe release.

Here is what I do and it seems to work well:

1. Save the FLA file you want to clean up as Uncompressed Document XFL.

2. Save the XFL as FLA. This new FLA will be free of all the residual unused stuff.

To check you can compare the sizes of the original and new FLA files.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this N.tilcheff my old file was hovering at 117mb with a few mb wav files and nothing but black paintbrush frame by frame animation. I did your trick and the new fla is now 7mb and fast again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines