• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

any way to enable AUTOSAVE for animate cc?

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, i just installed animate cc an everything's been fine until i noticed... there's no autosave option. i didn't found one in the program, i haven't found anything about it on the internet too. 
I KNOW there's autorecovery, BUT I DON'T NEED IT. i don't need another file somewhere in the depths of my computer, wich i cannot be sure is there at all, i need all the changes in the file to be saved IN the file. i cannot save project every 5 minutes on my own. be glad if you'll try to help 

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click edit>preferences>edit preferences>general.

Screenshot - 9_20_2020 , 8_35_42 AM.png

if you don't see that option select expert preferences (edit>preferences>expert preferences) first.

but it's better to save periodically with increasing version number appended to your file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I KNOW there's autorecovery, BUT I DON'T NEED IT.  i need all the changes in the file to be saved IN the file.
i need autosave exactly, like in flash cs6 for example 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's best to actually understand a feature before you start screaming about it. The auto recovery files aren't hidden somewhere in the depths of your computer, they're in the exact same folder as your FLA, plain as day.

Autosave that overwrote the original file would be a terrible feature because it could easily destroy work, for example if it saved right after you accidentally deleted items from the library that you needed to keep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines