• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to export media > Entire Movie and skip the first 2 seconds blank frames?

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate skips the first frame of the timeline when exporting video. This then leaves a 2s blank at the start of the video. You can crop this in Media Encoder, but this is very tedius when doing lots of videos. The other way is to export using the 'Time' feild. This ignores the first 2s as default. But i don't want to use this feaure as all my animations are various lengths and it's hard to define exactly how long they are.

Anyone know a way to do this? I'm not sure why the first 2s of blank aren't automaticlly ignored??

Cheers!

M

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you have two seconds of blank at the start of all your animations if you don't need it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thanks for responding. The 2seconds is added by Animate as default. Detail of why explained in my post above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test where frame one showed a 1, two a 2, and so on. The exported video did repeat the first frame, but then on each frame the number would change. I didn't miss any of the numbers.

Can you show a smal FLA example that gives you two seconds of blackness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

Thanks so much for your response. I've done some tests and you are right, it does work as you say. I think my issue might be a different one. I’m using actionscript to animate. And I think that is the issue.
I've attached a very simple fla to my original message. You can see that within the animation MovieClip, there is another MovieClip called animationPart1. I have to nest these as there are lots of ‘parts’ to the animation.

You can see some simple actionscript tells the MovieClip to not be visible.

When you export the video it ignores this code. Unless it’s on the second frame.

This means I can’t animate anything in code on the first frame.

And side note if you export for 5 seconds it renders 4.29 seconds?

So it’s obviously skipping something?

Thoughts?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines