Highlighted

Are Layer Effects useless?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

I've been trying to use layer effects on Animate CC 2020 with After Effects 2020 (actionscript 3 file, not html5 canvas) and they are simply not been exported. Advanced layers are checked, i tried importing both .swf and .fla files, i've tried exporting different .swf versions - and i actually have tried exporting a movie from Animate itself* and EVEN THEN layer effects are ignored. There is a message on the output panel that says that layer styles are DISABLED on .swf...

Does anybody work with layer effects here and could help? Thanks on advance.

(*) - By the way, animate generates an UNCOMPRESSED .mov before sending it to the movie encoder... very time and machine consuming, that's why i'd rather export a .swf and use it on after.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Are Layer Effects useless?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

I've been trying to use layer effects on Animate CC 2020 with After Effects 2020 (actionscript 3 file, not html5 canvas) and they are simply not been exported. Advanced layers are checked, i tried importing both .swf and .fla files, i've tried exporting different .swf versions - and i actually have tried exporting a movie from Animate itself* and EVEN THEN layer effects are ignored. There is a message on the output panel that says that layer styles are DISABLED on .swf...

Does anybody work with layer effects here and could help? Thanks on advance.

(*) - By the way, animate generates an UNCOMPRESSED .mov before sending it to the movie encoder... very time and machine consuming, that's why i'd rather export a .swf and use it on after.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one way we found out here: exporting an image sequence. It works, but i believe it is a workflow nightmare... 😕 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0