Highlighted

Attempting to publish to iOS. "Assets.car" required warning

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an amateur Animate user. I have published my .fla to the Google Play Store successfully. I am trying to publish my Animate file to the Apple App Store without having to hire a freelance professional (though at this point frankly I would).  I'm using Animate 2020 and have downloaded and attached latest SDK from Harmon.  I have also attached certificates and provisioning profiles and icons.  I get a warning/block when I try to publish: "Warning:Assets.car is required for target ipa-app-store."  I have tried to review other posts in the Animate forum on this issue.  Adobe Support sent me a link to "AIR Native Extension Tutorials".  I followed Method 3 because it had screenshots.  Per that tutorial I opened a new project in Xcode11.4.4.1 and I imported the required images and had a 'successful' build. However I cannot find my Assets.car. I believe I am supposed to copy my Assets.car and import back in by Adobe Animate file in the publish setting in "Included files."

p.s. That Air Native Extension tutorial also has a Method 2.  That method has the final step:"Run the createAssetCar script. This will create a build directory and run the following command to build the Assets.car file: (and then some text is listed).  I would also be open to trying that method but I don't know how.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Attempting to publish to iOS. "Assets.car" required warning

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an amateur Animate user. I have published my .fla to the Google Play Store successfully. I am trying to publish my Animate file to the Apple App Store without having to hire a freelance professional (though at this point frankly I would).  I'm using Animate 2020 and have downloaded and attached latest SDK from Harmon.  I have also attached certificates and provisioning profiles and icons.  I get a warning/block when I try to publish: "Warning:Assets.car is required for target ipa-app-store."  I have tried to review other posts in the Animate forum on this issue.  Adobe Support sent me a link to "AIR Native Extension Tutorials".  I followed Method 3 because it had screenshots.  Per that tutorial I opened a new project in Xcode11.4.4.1 and I imported the required images and had a 'successful' build. However I cannot find my Assets.car. I believe I am supposed to copy my Assets.car and import back in by Adobe Animate file in the publish setting in "Included files."

p.s. That Air Native Extension tutorial also has a Method 2.  That method has the final step:"Run the createAssetCar script. This will create a build directory and run the following command to build the Assets.car file: (and then some text is listed).  I would also be open to trying that method but I don't know how.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 0

Have something to add?