• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio i Animate CC – Exporting problems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a movie that contains seven scenes. And before you tell me, that scenes are bad and I should use one timeline, well, I get a better workflow with scenes so I'm sticking with it ..

But. I have an audio clip for the whole movie that I want to play as background music. Instead of having to split the audio in between scenes, I put the audio in Scene 1 and Sync: Event, so when I watch the preview it plays through all the scenes.

However, when I export it the sound is gone....

If I make the audio to Synd: Stream it's back, but then I have to split the audio between scenes and you can clearly hear it in the preview.

Is there anything I can do with the "Event" so I can export it WITH audio/sound?

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Never mind. I figured it out with Effects under Properties and picked the frame where I wanted the sound to fade out

But you both have been so helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if, by 'export', you mean you're really exporting (file>export...), publish (file>publish) your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean file>export video and then convert in media encoder, so it'll be an mp4 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start your sound on frame 2, not frame 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wauw. Can't believe that worked!! Thank you so much for saving my day!

Since you're here...

Can you maybe:

1) Explain why it worked on frame 1?

2) If I want the sound to "fade out" in the last 5 seconds, is that possible?

If not, thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were asking why it worked on frame 1, but I think you mean why didn't it work. There's a known issue when exporting video that Event sound on frame 1 doesn't show up, but Stream sound does.

For the fade out, if you select the sound in the timeline, in Properties is an Effect drop down menu. You can select Fade Out, then click on the pencil next to that menu to edit where the fade happens. The initial fade out will be at the end of the sound, and starting a couple of seconds earlier. You could drag the handle to make the fade start earlier.

I'm not sure whether the fade out set in scene 1 will still do the right thing a few scenes later, but it's worth a try.

The other solution to both problems would be to use code to play and fade out the audio, but that would be harder to explain. You could look at articles like this one to get a sense of what's involved:

Adobe ActionScript 3.0 * Controlling sound volume and panning

One other thing, go into Publish Settings and for the two audio setting change it from 16 kbps MP3. Instead make it be Raw, 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo. That way the sound you'll get in your exported video will have good sound quality, assuming your library sounds are not already low data rate MP3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

However the article is a bit confusing. I want to pan down the volume in the last couple of seconds in scene 7, but the audio is only placed at scene 1. I do know codes but I'm a little rusty, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I figured it out with Effects under Properties and picked the frame where I wanted the sound to fade out

But you both have been so helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using Adobe Animate CC 2019 and I cannot export audio.  I am using "Event" as this is the only selection not greyed out.  I tried starting the sound on Frame #2 as you all indicated but it isn't working!  I see that this "fix" moved from Flash to Animate CC.  Is there a new problem with Animate CC 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are exporting animation to video you should be using an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, not an HTML5 Canvas one. Then you can use Stream for sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines