Highlighted

Auto Lip Sync and moving head

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Auto Lip sync seems a nice feature to have.

I have seen several tutorials on this and all work fine except when the moth is moving around together with the mouth.

The symbol of the mouth stops moving when using Auto Lip Sync. Is there a workaround for this?All the tutorials I have seen ara all with heads that don't move.

So my Mouth symbol (in a seperate layer) moves together with my head, but after using auto lip sync, the mouth symbol doesn't move anymore

According to good rigging practice mouth should be nested inside the head symbol, not tweened around to match the movement of the head.

Lip sync happens inside the head symbol; that is why the head appears static. It is animated on the outside.

Only reason to tween the mouth would be nods or smooth, slow head turns.

This in-depth article on character rigging I wrote recently may be of interest.

Good luck!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto Lip Sync and moving head

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Auto Lip sync seems a nice feature to have.

I have seen several tutorials on this and all work fine except when the moth is moving around together with the mouth.

The symbol of the mouth stops moving when using Auto Lip Sync. Is there a workaround for this?All the tutorials I have seen ara all with heads that don't move.

So my Mouth symbol (in a seperate layer) moves together with my head, but after using auto lip sync, the mouth symbol doesn't move anymore

According to good rigging practice mouth should be nested inside the head symbol, not tweened around to match the movement of the head.

Lip sync happens inside the head symbol; that is why the head appears static. It is animated on the outside.

Good luck!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2019 0
Guide ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. I'll redo the rigging. Thanks for the article. Look like a good read, i will look into it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0