Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Lip Syncing stops part way through Wav File

Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an animation of a mouse that will speak about a safety topic.  Have several different layers (with keyframes) for the different body parts.  Those work correctly as I scrub through the time line.

• Created a layer named mouth.  
  • I have created a graphic symbol of a mouth.  Placed that in the first keyframe of the mouth layer.
  • Double clicked the mouth graphic on the stage and created 12 visemes for the different poses and named them.
  • Assigned the poses to the 12 sounds.
  • When I clicked on the button to process and create keyframes to the recognized sounds in the wav file, it does so partially through the file but stops a few seconds into the file.  The created keyframes have the labels next to them in the timeline.   When I play, the wav file plays as the play head progresses, the frames display but the mouth stops changing after the last keyframe of that layer.  I do have blank frames for each of the layers out to the end of the wave file.  

Note;  I imported the wav file into the Library, then dragged it onto the stage, which created a layer for it.  When it appeared on the timeline, it was very compressed, only showing about a third of the actual time (in frames).   I grabbed the right side of it and stretched it to the recorded length (in frames) of the file.     The keyframe matching seems to be only working to the length of the original length (in frames) that it came in as.....

Is there a setting I have wrong, a step I have out of sequence?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Is there a way you can upload the source file for us to look at?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keyframer!   I deleted the wave file from the audio layer, then deleted and created a different layer for the audio.  I highlighted the audio layer, and dragged the wave file from the library over to the stage.  It came into the audio layer at the length (in frames) that it should have.  Yea!

I cleared all of the key frames on the mouth layer except the first that had my original graphic symbol, and re-ran the auto lip syncing process.   It worked fine this time.  Double Yea!   Keyframes associated with the specific mouth poses were created at the appropriate positions for the sounds.  

So, bottom line, I don't have a clue why it did what it did the first time, but it worked fine the second time.  Hope that continues!  Next step (now that I have a workable model)  is to finish story boarding the training video and narration. Then record the narration and do the lip syncing to the extended narration.  Then transfer over to After Effects to assemble with video clips and titling etc. 

Thanks for your reply!   I've been a trainer, and content developer for 20+ years where I work, but always used PowerPoint (some straight presentation/ some exported video)  then Articulate to develop in.   Now moving to more sophisticated animation......   hopefully:)   All because the prof in the Educational Media class I took this semester said we couldn't use apps we already knew and I chose to go with Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines