Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background sound keeps starting from the start when using gotoandplay

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a visual novel on flash cs6 Action script 3. I need some help regarding the background music. 

I have made a seperate movie clips layer and inserted sound in the movie clip layer. Ive done this so that the music keeps on playing irrespective of the frames im on. 

Ive also added a simple gotoandplay command to play the scene from the 1st frame until NEXT button is clicked. 

The problem Im having is although one instance of background music is playing irrespective of frame however as soon as the frame, on which goto command is located, is reached; another instance of background music starts and then another and another whenever goto command frames are reached.

How do i keep a single instance of background music to be played.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation is your friend:

"Select a synchronization option from the Sync pop-up menu:

Start: The same as Event, except that if the sound is already playing, no new instance of the sound plays."

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/using-sounds.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

I found that putting sounds in timeline is not a good idea. Its better to use actionscript for background sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines