Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bitmap in Button causes Error

Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I read about this problem a few times. I imported an Image and converted it into a button. Then this Error appears: "Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system."

In Firefox everything works, but in Chrome and Safari it doesn't. I read that this can be fixed by using a local web server. The problem is that I can't do this because it is a project for university and I'm supposed so just hand in a html file.
But what can I do? I tried to put a button over my Image, made it invisible and used it for my functions. But i need something that I can convert to a button. I tried text or a shape but the same error appears.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Hi.

This warning appears sometimes but things don't necessarily stop working.

Once someone reported here a problem like yours here and the solution was to extend the bitmap until the "Hit" frame (or event creating a keyframe) inside of the button timeline. The important here is to fill up the "Hit" frame with a display object.

But, if you're using the 2019 version, the best you can do is to use vector shapes in your buttons and go to the Publish Settings > Image Settings and uncheck "Export documen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This warning appears sometimes but things don't necessarily stop working.

Once someone reported here a problem like yours here and the solution was to extend the bitmap until the "Hit" frame (or event creating a keyframe) inside of the button timeline. The important here is to fill up the "Hit" frame with a display object.

But, if you're using the 2019 version, the best you can do is to use vector shapes in your buttons and go to the Publish Settings > Image Settings and uncheck "Export document as texture" so the vector shapes will  be preserved and you won't have to deal with this security issue.

Please tell us if at least one of these tips works.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you really much for your answer!
I'm using Animate 2018 and I have already unchecked the "Export document as texture" button. I don't really get the first thing you suggested to be honest. I'm quite new to Animate CC and I'm using it in german. I know what you mean bei "Hit" frame but I never used that, so I don't quite know what to do now. Could you maybe include a screenshot of what I'm supposed to do? That would really help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

Please take a look:

One correction I have to make is that the hit frame must be filled with a shape and not with a bitmap as I stated above.

I created a working sample for you. Notice how I structured everything and the values I used in the Publish Settings.

FLA download:

animate_cc_html5_canvas_bitmap_button_problem.zip - Google Drive

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so so much for your time and your help! The error still appears, but it finally works. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir I also have the same error as above. Im using Adobe Animate 2017. I've tried your solution and apparently it still doesnt works. I know its been too long but could you help me with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your solution, it is easy , working and very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines