• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen of death

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big file (55MB) suddenly everything goes black like this. I can minimize the window and bring it back up, so its not a typical crash? Could happen a minute into working or 2 hours. It's happened at least a dozen times to me last week while working in files over 16MB. My computer is brand new and I had this same problem on my old machine with a different graphics driver. 
I've seen this question pop up a lot without any effective answers, so here's my 2 cents: the only fix I've found is to break up the file into smaller files and keep it under 10MB. There is no way to recover and once it goes black, ctrl alt del is the only way out. 

1b01a542c61857538baf44a4dcbf3ac0.png

TOPICS
Error , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It attempts to ask if I want to save while force-quitting. The save window can be moved around. Pressing enter lets it save. Nothing can be used anymore in the program.

691a3a98422160412f09489663b7c371.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Yeah, I've seen this a few times and have ruled out Animate as a program to do real work in. It's unreliable.

Never happens in Flash CS6 even when files are 400-500 MB or even larger.

Maybe you should try to install the latest 20.0.1 alongside what you have to see if it behaves any better.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, thought it was because I was using a tablet while travelling, now using a brand new PC with 64gigs of RAM, etc. Same issue, crashes at least 3 times a day, no warning, and I can't figure out what is causing it. And the files I'm running are tiny, 10~15 mbs or so. Frustrating to say the least. 

Any ideas on how to solve this? Anybody know if there are any updates coming up? Going back to CS6 not really an option at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy,

Try to update video drivers, drawing tablet drivers, OS; try to install the previous version 19.2.1 alongside the latest and see if it behaves better.

There are always updates coming, but since this is such an issue that is difficult (or even impossible) to reproduce at will, I don't know when and how it may be addressed. It will probably be ignored until it becomes really wide-spread and affecting many users. At this moment reports like yours are uncommon.

In principle, a bug can only be investigated and resolved if it is always reproducible on multiple computers and the circumstances under which it manifests itself are clear.

If you can reproduce at will and can describe all circumstances, you can file a bug report.

I spent some time trying and I couldn't identify under what circumstances it was happening.

I've also seen AA 20 spontaneously close itself while being left open or minimised. It is an unreliable piece of software.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha, yeah, have done all of the above, and you're right that the older versions of Flash/Animate were way more stable. I've had slightly better luck breaking my files up into smaller, discreet parts, but a little less convenient to work that way. I've also been getting rid of refernce photos from the library after I'm done with them, which if nothing else reduces file size.

I haven't been able to reproduce the crash behavior, but I do have some signs on occasion that things are about to go. When object outlines disappear, or turn white when they should have a colour, save and close! When editing grouped objects and outlines act wonky, save and close! 

I'm trying to get it to the 're-producible' stage, but also trying to get some work done 😉

Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the same issues i just updated the adobe suite on the iCloud two weeks ago. Everything was working fine. I had Photoshop , InDesign  and I'm working in Chief Architect and when I open adobe illustrator all three monitors go down to a black screen of death. I cannot get it back The only way that I can bring it back up is I have to unplug my CPU and plug it back in doing a hard boot. This is the first time I've ever had any issues with Adobe products.

All  my drivers are updated so that's not the issue I have a i7 3.8 MHz 980 IT graphics card 32 gig of ram water cooled  powering 3 Samsung  28 inch monitors 4K. If anybody's got any fixes let me know

Thank you 
Virginia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines