Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending mode bug (Animate 2020)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This applies for the 2019 and 2020, 20.0 versions of Animate CC. Under this post you can watch this serious bug in action.

When using "Add" blending mode and Alpha effect on several Movie Clips (ActionScript 3 mode), exiting and entering into the same Movie Clip or just dragging the Timeline, the "Add" mode being applied on random movie clips at random times. Sometimes when exiting the Movie Clip, the "Add" mode being applied to every _mc in that Movie Clip. When entering back, suddenly everything seems to be normal but dragging the Timeline again, random Movie Clips start to behave incorrectly. (sometimes they show up as Normal, sometimes with Add mode applied) The "Blending" drop down selector says "Normal" so its a visual glitch but makes our work very hard. Graphic Card: Quadro P2000 (ThinkPad P52) I've already sent a sample file to Adobe for further investigation weeks ago. Thank you for the support.

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guru , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Hi mate,

I believe that the blending modes erratic behaviour is now a 'known issue' and the devs are looking into it.

Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Thank you, this issue was fixed today (ver. 20.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an HTML5 Canvas file? Blend modes don't work in HTML5 Canvas yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Its Actionscript 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend modes work in HTML5 Canvas. The modes are just limited in Animate, even if createjs would be capable of handling all sort of blendmodes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the issue you're describing. You are correct, it is purely a visual glitch in the UI, on export everthing will  have the correct blending modes applied to your published files. The only solution I've found to fixing the glitch with the UI is to close and reopen the file. It's not an ideal solution, but it's the only workaround I've found. Perhaps Adobe will be able to do something with the test file you sent. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately reopening the file doesn't work here. The glitch is always there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I believe that the blending modes erratic behaviour is now a 'known issue' and the devs are looking into it.

Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this issue was fixed today (ver. 20.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue currently using Animate 20.0, I don't see a patch just yet for 20.0.1 in Adobe Cloud (is it available for OSX yet?). Can confirm that layers are blending erratically. Bitmaps are disappearing/multiplying before converted to movieclips, everything is going haywire, haha.

Rendering is fine, though, so it's just an unfortunate glitch I have to tolerate until fixed.

Animate 2020 20.0, AS3 OSX High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the updates are available for both the OS. Can you try logging out and logging into your CC desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. The issue is now resolved! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines