• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bluescreen of death, now i can't open file

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so i recently had a bluescreen of death interupt my work in adobe animate 2021. Now when i try to open the file i was working on, or the "recover" file, it says there was an error? Is there any way to save my file? I've put a hell of a lot of work into it. 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rename the fla to a rar>use winrar to repair it>rename the repaired rar to a fla and try to open in animate.

and, in the future, periodically save your fla's with increasing version numbers.  eg, for project1, save as project1_v000.fla, project1_v001.fla etc so you no longer lose a significant amount of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been trying that for a while now. It doesn't seem to make a difference, it still gives the message "an error occured" Also, the file it spits out is alot smaller than original. Mine was 44.8 mb, and the "rebuilt" file after winrar repair is 7.44kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed when I rename it .rar, then check the properties, it just adds a .fla onto the end of the files name like "file.rar.fla" Is something with windows 10 not letting me rename it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, you probably have some setting that's appending .fla.

anyway, if winrar failed (and it usually does), there's nothing else you can do to salvage the complete file.  sometimes you can unrar a repaired rar and extract some of the assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines