• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bone Tool error animate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I created a character on animate using the brush tool..and colored it with brush as well, if that makes any difference. 

However, whenever I try to use the bone tool on it, at first it would say "shape is too complex" so i converted it into a movie clip.

After doing so, another problem came up but I do not know the reason for it, whenever i try and use the bone tool on the shape, it makes this stop sign without giving me any kind of explanation.

Please help! Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. You are facing issue because of below reasons

• You get "shape is too complex" warning dialog because of large number of anchor points in the shape which cannot be rigged currently. It does not happen with less compex shape with lesser anchor points
  • You can only rig a moviclip(any symbol) to another symbol and you cannot create rig within it to deform.

I have raised a bug for the issue you are facing. We are working on enhancing the bone tool workflow. We will keep you posted once there is an update.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can follow below steps

1. Convert the character's shape to a bitmap

2. Break the bitmap

3. Try to rig it with bone tool

or

1. Try using Asset warp tool and check if it works for your usecase.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't even bother with Animate's Bone tool: it is riddled with bugs and limitations, and generally unusable in production. I would have a look at the Flanimate tool set instead to rig characters in Animate.

https://flash-powertools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use layer parenting instead. works much better than the bone tool. https://youtu.be/_o4O_A5WGVc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines