• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Bone Tool' Glitch When creating Armatures

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently finished a full character turnaround in Illustrator that I am now in the process of rigging in its entirety inside Animate, this is my first large scale project in Animate so I am still quite green when it comes to the application of some of its rigging tools. I finished the layer parenting process and now have moved on to using the bone tool, but every time I try to link two symbols  with the bone tool they jump to random locations on the stage. I have tried selecting the symbols beforehand, not selecting them, etc, so far, nothing has worked. It shows the symbols as being connected via the rig but the symbols are spread all over the stage and do not retain their initial position. It is near impossible to create a rig in this way because every time I release pressure on my mouse the limbs that I am connecting shift locations drasticly. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there some sort of obvious mistake I am making perhaps that I was ignorant about?

Thanks, 

-Kobe 

TOPICS
Error , Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The built-in rigging tools are at this time still not production ready. They're glitchy, buggy, and unfinished, and not working right. Avoid if your sanity is important to you.

Instead, install the excellent (free) Flanimate character rigging and animation tools, and use those to rig and animate your characters.

https://flash-powertools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! My sanity is important to me. After looking this over I think this will be much better for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animator/developer ( n__tilcheff) behind Flanimate also visits these forums on a regular basis. He is very helpful and uses his tools in TV animation production, so be sure to ask him questions if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate is driving me mad. The parenting just constantly breaks for some reason when I try to do samll rotations of a limb. Sometimes a symbol jumps across the page or shrinks randomly. Tweens only seem to exassibate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not worth your time or energy to spend any of it on Animate's rigging tools. Listen to @n. tilcheff  and download and use the Flanimate tools.

Animate's built-in rigging tools are a bug-ridden embarrasment, sorry to say. It's been like that ever since they were introduced years and years ago, and every release introduces rather more issues than solutions.

Flanimate is the way out back to sanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines