• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bottom edge of Actions panel off-screen

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Animate for the first time in a while, and I noticed that the text sizing is finally adapting to very high-res monitors, which is great!

But... I had my Actions window stretched to the full Windows height, and after the update, the window got even bigger.  The bottom edge is now past my screen and I can't grab the bottom to re-size it.   I noticed if I change my Workspace to a different setting, the re-sizes it but.. I like my custom workspace setting.  Seems like there should be a better solution than creating a Workspace from scratch?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

But this got me thinking...  I went into my display settings, and changed it to Portrait mode hahaha, and that worked!  Cuz now I had more pixels height wise.  It was boggling trying to work the mouse sideways hahaha but it worked!  I managed to resize the Actions window and revert back

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't envision a workspace that would take longer to recreate than posting that message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the bump

Neither can I, but that doesn't mean the issue shouldn't be addressed.  From googling, it seems this can happen a few ways, eg. from switching between different monitors etc.  It just seems logical that there should be some sort of window recovery button.. or at least a way to resize the windows from any corner, not just the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Have you tried moving the actions panel to the left of the screen so you can grab the bottom-right corner to resize the panel?

It happens to some times and that's what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the problem is that the entire bottom of the panel is off-screen, so I can't reach the bottom-right corner, even if I move the window to the left

Basically, the window is like 20% taller than the screen right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...don't get me wrong though.  If I had to choose between the high-res-monitor-adaptive text size or not having this glitch, I'd take the new sizing every time haha.  And it doesn't sound like there's currently a solution.  But it would be nice if there was one in a future update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind making a video or animated GIF showing this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot... As you can see, the bottom edge of the Actions panel is off-screen.

I can't pull the window any higher.  I can widen it and move it left or right or further down.. but I can't make it shorter or move it up.  And so I can't reach the bottom to re-size the height.

I used to have it set to basically full window height, and after updating it got bigger and went offscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Do you have a second monitor? Try extending you screen and then I think you'll be able to get the bottom part of your panel. Then you just have to resave your workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a second monitor.  Is that how you extend your screen?  Or is that something else?

That got me thinking.. I tried playing with the screen resolution settings.  Unfortunately I was already at the biggest setting.  When I tried going smaller, the main Animate window got shrunken to fit the smaller screen, but the Actions panel didn't

And alas, that seems to be the issue.. that the program senses screen size and downsizes properly, but the sub-windows don't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! It is. Sometimes I even use an iPad as my second screen. Haha

My monitor comes with a utility that let me divide the screen into multiple parts. Maybe you can find some similar solution.

I tried this resolution trick as well but like in your case I'm already in the highest value.

What would really help us it would be the ability to resize the panels from any corner, like any OS window. Notice that we can resize Animate documents from the top left corner, but we cannot resize panels in this same manner. Maybe the Animate team will fix this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Funny, I just opened Animate and noticed the same thing, that the program can be resized from any window.  Yeah, it'd be great if that were the case with the subwindows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this got me thinking...  I went into my display settings, and changed it to Portrait mode hahaha, and that worked!  Cuz now I had more pixels height wise.  It was boggling trying to work the mouse sideways hahaha but it worked!  I managed to resize the Actions window and revert back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha! Nice shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and found this thread. A solution that worked for me was docking the too long panel as a tab secondary to a panel that was the right height.  Just drag the tab of the too long panel up and to the right of the tab of the properly-sized panel.  The too long panel adopts the height of the other. Then you can undock the two panels and have access to the bottom of the (previously) too long panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just searched the web for the solution to this, read a huge amount of tweaky monitor things (including all the ones in this thread) until I got to this actual no-brainer faster-than-lightning solution. There should be no other answers than this. This should be pinned at the top. And Adobe should fix this by making it "stretchable" after double-clicking the top bar to collapse it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It such a joke that even now in 2021 we still have this problem with adobe apps. You'd think they would allow you to grab the top of the panel to be able to resize it. Must be nice being a software empire where you don't have to worry about getting this right. Phhhf!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to display settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this issue when I went into my monitor settings to change the display to "default" rather than "more space." I wanted to switch over to default since I'm using a laptop stand and now my laptop has to sit about a foot further back than normal making it so I had to lean in to be able to see better. I was stoked when I changed it back to default until I opened illustrator and saw the user interface does not adapt to the change. Which... seems like a huge miss considering this my Macbook Pros default screen size... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still experiencing the same problem in 2024 (!!!!) - the only thing that worked for me was changing my display settings to a smaller % , resizing the window in Illustrator and then changing the % back to what it was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@zuzana_bene 

illustrator or animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines