• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box & Transform Tool is off when camera is zoomed.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the camera is zoomed above 100%, the transform tool still thinks the camera is at 100% and tries to manipulate object from that perspective. If I flip vertical or horizontal, the object doesn't simply flip, but flips and mirrors it's original unzoomed position. Same for rotate. Also, when I try to incrementally move an object with the left and right keys, it doesn't exactly move left and right. Sometimes it tries to move an object diagonally. Is there a fix for this? Did I accidentally enable or disable something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Maybe try to nest your SVG inside a symbol and see if in there you can distribute the objects to layers and then break them apart to raw vector. That should let Animate refresh its 'awareness' of all the shapes and local coordinates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that in the latest An CC 2019.2?

There have been some improvements to the camera, so if you are using an earlier version it might be worth considering an update.

Personally I see the camera as too prone to problems and completely useless and do my camera work the way we have always done it before the camera - nest everything in a graphic container and use that.

Maybe you should too, switch Advanced Layers off and forget about all the unwanted side effects of half-baked features.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's the latest 19.2 Build 405. I think this is happening to imported SVG only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe try to nest your SVG inside a symbol and see if in there you can distribute the objects to layers and then break them apart to raw vector. That should let Animate refresh its 'awareness' of all the shapes and local coordinates.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines