• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broke My Tablet's Calibration, Only in Animate

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been staying at my boyfriend's house during the quarantine, away from my desktop PC. I have my laptop with me and a Huion GT-191 graphics tablet (which is not exactly made to be portable but I digress).

I had everything set up and working just fine, even in Animate (2020, latest version as of two weeks ago), until I decided to change the position of my monitors in the Display settings (Windows 10) because it was registering my tablet as underneath my laptop screen when I wanted it to be to the right.

After changing these settings, I'm now seeing the commonly reported issue of the lines I'm drawing with the brush tool appearing 3 inches below where I actually have the pen to the screen.

• This is only happening in Animate
  • The pen still works correctly in Photoshop and MS Paint
  • The driver for the tablet was just installed an hour ago
  • I have closed and reopened Animate, restarted my computer, recalibrated my tablet, and changed the screen size settings in Display Settings to 125% and back to 100%. None of these things fixed the problem.

All I know is that I glitched something out by changing my monitor position settings with Animate still running. Can this be fixed?

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure you have the 20.02 of Adobe Animate. Then make sure your tablets drivers are correct.

You might need to recalibrate. If all those fail, uninstall animate and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been getting really strange things happening to my Huion tablet within the last day too, not sure if it's related to your problem. All of a sudden it's lagging like crazy, drawing inacurate lines because of that, and the playback speed goes really slowly. Same thing, only in Animate and not in PS. It might be tied a bit to the pen pressure setting as I have a custom hotkey set to trigger pen pressure and that seems to really lag it down, but it's hard to tell. I uninstalled the program and all the Huion drivers and reinstalled everything. Rebooted the computer, cleaned some harddrive space with no change. 

The latest route I'm going down is that I think my browser (I use Brave) is causing some sort of issues with it. I closed the browser and the lag went down quite significantly. I'm still testing it out but it's at least one path to check out since I've been banging my head against this problem. Overall seems to help to close as many programs as possible in the background while using it but I'm not sure why that would have changed in the last couple of days generally using the same programs. Hmpf!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines