• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush is acting like an eraser?

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my brush tool displays an eraser icon and I can't draw anything. Whats going on and how do I fix it?26943337_1936581849699080_1550523910_n.jpg

TOPICS
Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

The brush was on some type of short cut which allowed any tool to erase. I ended up turning it on some how without know how to switch back. In my tablet driver settings I simply clicked a button called "Switch brush" as one of my short cuts and it went back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, try restarting Animate. If that doesn't work restart your computer.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been acting like this for the past 2 weeks now. Restarting does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't think it has anything to do with my drivers. Photoshop works just fine, and I can use everything else normally in flash like clicking on buttons and stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is tricky. I've never seen this issue before. Can you open your Wacom driver software in your system preferences and check to see if you have any custom settings specific to Animate there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Huion not Wacom, and I don't use any custom settings other than express buttons on my pen.

My tablet works just fine in photoshop and everything else.

I know this is some type of toggleable shortcut/feature because I use to use it a long time ago instead of ctrl z. You can push a short cut to switch into this mode and back. I don't remember the short cut or how to disable this tho.

Actully I just notcied every tool is erasing now. Even the bucket tool wont fill in the space it will just act like an eraser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help and replies Keyframer but I was able to get the right answer some place else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell us what fixed it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush was on some type of short cut which allowed any tool to erase. I ended up turning it on some how without know how to switch back. In my tablet driver settings I simply clicked a button called "Switch brush" as one of my short cuts and it went back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up - sounds like a huion setting then. Good to know if someone else reports it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it was flash being stuck on a tool and or setting I just used Huions auto short cut thing to get out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saved the thing I was working on, closed the app and when I opened it everything was fine :DD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg same!!! Its getting really annoying. I saw how u solved urs but i use an xp pen deco 03 tablet and as far as i know, xp-pen's driver doesnt have a setting like that. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have xp pen, and I figured it out! It seems to be the buttons on the pen that enable this annoying setting. By randomly pressing them I figured out that if you hold down the top one for a moment then it diables this annoying setting.

Figured this out by messing around, since those useless buttons seem to be the cause of a lot of my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it? I have xp pen artist 12 and yesterday my pen started acting like an eraser when it said it was on the brush tool. I have gone into the penTabletSetting and everything looks normal. In photoshop when I use the trackpad it is the brush but when my pen is close to the tablet screen it turns into the eraser. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It works but you also need to go the Pen Table Settings and disable that button if you want not to bother about it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me on Mac Big Sur and XP-Pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU!  I also have an xp pen, too and your comment just fixed it, THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU. literally logged in to say this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

god!! you are a really life savior, i was having a hard time trying to figure it out, i have to use photoshop to make an important and urgent project for work :'D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me holding the top buttin turned it off, thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my goodness thank you so much for this, I was having the exact same issues and I had no idea how to solve it! Almost strangled myself with frustration lol thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XP-PEN was working fine and then all of a sudden the pen turned into an eraser. What worked for me is to change the USB slots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. The only thing that worked was restarting my MacBook Pro. That worked for a while then it happened again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit C on the keyboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines