• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush/paint brush tool problem

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using animate for a little over a year now and have had relatively no issues. However, recently, whenever I use my wacom intuos tablet to use the brush or paint brush tool, tapping the tablet even once causes the tool to make a line that shoots off to the left where the drawn shapes actually appear. The strange thing is, this only happens with animate and on my second monitor. With a different program, this doesn't happen and using animate on my primary monitor works fine too. I've tried updating my tablet's drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them, turning the computer off and on again, nothing works. Any help would be really appreciated as I don't like using animate on my smaller primary monitor.

TOPICS
Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Hi - we are investigating this issue and in the mean time could you please change the scale factor of the display where Animate is running to same as that of your Primary display and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - we are investigating this issue and in the mean time could you please change the scale factor of the display where Animate is running to same as that of your Primary display and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That seemed to help. For anyone else who might see this, in Windows 10, right click the chosen display and click display settings. Scroll down to scale and layout and create a custom scale factor ( I chose 100% for simplicities sake). Restart and come back and animate is working properly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here (on a Cintiq) - thanks for investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This workaround doesn't really help. It makes it slightly better, but still completely unusable when trying to draw on my Cintiq.

• Same problem as OP - lines shoot WAY off into space to the left and up from where I try to draw on the Cintiq
  • When I set the Cintiq to the same scaling as my other monitor - it doesn't have a line shoot off into space quite as large, but it still does so, now to the right and straight, instead of the left of what I am trying to draw. Also, it draws a ways off from the stylus cursor, unlike in Photoshop, where it's absolutely perfect.
  • When I set the Cintiq as my main display, the complete opposite of the original problem happens, now a line shoots WAY off into space to the right and down from where trying to draw

I have updated Cintiq drivers and have restarted (several times today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a wacom cintiq pro 24 and same issue. Please Adobe can you fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already February 22, 2020, and they still have not solved this problem, but it is that it does not matter the brand of your tablet or di is with screen or without it, if you handle more than one monitor this problem will occur. I have tried with an Ituos Pro Paper, and a Huion Kamvas Pro, and the problems persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know there is no 'Animate' running. The only things running that I'm aware of are Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the Paintbrush tool alone when I do a raw sketch using this tool the stroke continues on writing even I lift my pen already. (Pen not touching the pen tablet) I'm using Wacom Intuos, and I don't think it's my pen that has an issue coz the stroke is fine in the Brush tool and other Software like Photoshop,Krita and Corel draw. hope u can email me a possible solution to this issue. BTW I'm using windows 10 pro (OS) and I'm using 2 pen tablets and having the same problem aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
brush is very slowly problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines