• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Unable to Import MP3 Files in Flash CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to import mp3 files of any kind in Flash CS6. Tried import to stage, import to library, Drag and Drop... no dice. Receiving a generic error message. Tried closing out and restarting,etc. - still not working.

Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

For Flash CS6 on Win7, you need to update to QuickTime(7.7.1) and iTune(10.5.3.3) to import .mp3 files of which bitrate is larger than 192kbps..

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow this process before importing the MP3 files.

Launch the app, Press "CTRL +SHIFT+ALT" immediately

Menu will popup  "Delete Adobe profressional settings? "

Select Yes.

Then try to import the MP3 files.

Please let me know if its works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply.

The menu came up and I deleted settings, but still cant import .mp3's... are you able to replicate the same issue?

I'm on a 64 Bit Windows 7 box.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

flashcs6_mp3_importbug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you able to  play the same mp3 in windows media player ?. Check another mp3 can import in Flash. Please share the file if you are not able to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course they playback in windows media player.  Use any Mp3 file... doesnt work for me... does it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure its an issue of  the codec used in MP3. Could you please share the MP3. I will try and reply back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. I cannot import mp3's. I did as mentioned above and still no luck.

This is true for ALL my files. The mp3's were also created with Soundbooth so there isn't any weird codecs either.

Windows 7 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... its completely broken. Cant import any type of mp3 file into a .fla at all in Windows 7 64bit... pretty big bug.

I've been just saving everything out as wav's and importing as a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Flash CS6 on Win7, you need to update to QuickTime(7.7.1) and iTune(10.5.3.3) to import .mp3 files of which bitrate is larger than 192kbps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that worked!

The "update" in the library would not update the content but the drag and drop worked fine.

Note: The path in the update dialog shows a relative path and after the drag and drop it shows an absolute path to the file

I also had an issue with the audio being changed from stream to event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need both QuickTime and iTune in order to import .mp3 files, or will the updated version of QuickTime be sufficient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even im not able to import the music files to timeline and library.

when i try to import .MP3 file, its displaying an error "couldn't import the specified file.mp3"

when i try to add .wma files, its showing an error "one or more files were not imported because there is a problem while reading them".

any one can fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about for a Macbook Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on my Mac and Windows10 (everything is up to date "EUD"). I tried using a generic Win&Mac mp3 converter, changed compression(s). I tried reseting my settings (that really sucked). Installed QT in Windows. Tried it on another mac.

.WAV files are working. Nothing online but older version of flash. I'm going to try opening an older file with an MP3.

Animate-MP3-Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the MP3 is 16 bit, and not 24 or 32. Also, being 44.1 KHz would help, but it's the fact that they are 32 bit that stops them from importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't import them to the stage, nor drag and drop, anymore.  But they will import to library.  But I can't get them to preview.  Sound only when I publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the file, I will find out a work around for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my friend...

1. Import the sound to library

2. Select the layer you want to import

3. Open properties dialog (ctrl + f3 or windows -> properties)

4. with a frame selected in layer - see the sound dialog box showing in properties

5. click the drag down and select the sound you have imported

it's ok now

6. you must select the sync as 'stream' for the sound to stop at the end of movie

thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I somehow managed to import my file, but still, did not work by Draging it in. Only after update of Quicktime and iTunes, I imported my 30mb file after comverting from .mp3 -> to .wav and it worked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't import any WAV or MP3 files into Flash Professional CS6.

I had this issue when saving out of SoundBooth CS4.  There was a box in the Preferences>MetaData> "Include source XMP on save as"  this prevented Flash from opening the file... When I turned off the check box, MP3 and WAV files suddely worked.

Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem on my Mac OSX 10.7.5. I have the latest Quicktime Version and iTunes is also the newest Version. What do I have to do in order to import or even update mp3 files to my Flash CC project??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. But, i used adobe media encoder and reconvert it to mp3 then import it to library and every thing became fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the encoder and it worked! I'm so happy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the encoder trick works for us too.

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines