• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bugs + frustrating UX = cc

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is part of an on-going story of a similar nature.

Today I'm living in Deja Vu, same stuff going on just different OS. Yesterday I was working on a windows machine using Animate. Everything came to a halt when Animate decided to just quit on me time after time. I contacted support and ...surprise! the answer was to reinstall CC and every single package.  Today I'm on exactly the same boat but on a mac.

If this whole uninstall-reinstall CC constantly is a feature, at the very least allow us to do it with a single click from the CC panel. The whole business of being able to uninstall certain apps from there but not others only adds to the frustration of having to constantly uninstall-reinstall.

The fact that I have the SAME issue on different operating systems on consecutive days makes me and most people think that there "might", "possibly" be a bug somewhere...not Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried posting your specific issue in the Animate forum to see if there is a possible solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting that a public forum is better than the official support channel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe Animate CC​.

Refer to the system requirements below.

Adobe Animate CC system requirements

Also ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers from the card manufacturer's website.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system requirements are fine on 3 computers and I'm having the same issue on 3 computers with 3 different OS as stated above. My point, in any case, wasn't about animate CC it was about Creative Cloud. The problem regarding Animate has been posted elsewhere.

The issue is that every time there's a problem with ANY CC application, the bog standard reply from the official support is to reinstall everything. This means uninstalling everything first which is a cumbersome process where the flow of how this is done has not been considered at all. This is extremely ironic, coming from a company that manufactures something call XD. The whole process takes quite a while as you need to redownload all the apps afterwards. After you've wasted half a day doing this you're back on square one with the problem still unresolved.

CC support is abysmal and designed to push the customer away. I've had experiences where I was told that a particular bug was caused by the latest version of whichever software it was and that I would resolve it installing the previous one. At the point where that didn't fix it, I was told by the following support person that the problem was caused by not having the latest version. At no point has Adobe support ever resolved anything. On Wednesday I spent 2 hours being passed from one support person to another with no solution in the end and a lot of script-based answers that didn't even consider what the problem was in the first place. If you tell Adobe support that your computer is going up in flames they'll tell you to re-install Creative Cloud. In any case, if they believe that the issues can be resolved by re-installing, then there might be an issue with the installer in the first place?........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Def not a "feature" that Adobe has integrated to cause crashing because millions of us would experience the same issue and Adobe would likely be out of business. But I'm like you where I use CC on various machines both OS X and Windows. I use mostly Animate CC, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. I do not experience crashing like you describe but a crash does happen every now and then - usually because of not having rebooted the machine in weeks or even months or because too many other programs were running at the same time causing RAM issues or because, by the very nature os things, it's software.
That said, what are your system specs across your 3 machines? Specifically RAM? It's crazy difficult to troubleshoot system-specific issues remotely especially after you've reinstalled the software and having the same issues.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines