Sorry for posting a similar question twice but I just can't get an answer and I want to make it simple.
1. I make a new HTML5 canvas project
2. I put one button and add a down state that changes its color
3. I test the project on any browser with a mouse and it works - the button is of different color when it is pressed
4. I test on mobile and it works just as it works on 3.
5. I test on a windows device connected to a touchscreen and the down state doesn't work. Why?
6. It does work on firefox if I specifically enable 'dom.w3c_touch_events.legacy_apis.enabled' and set 'dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled' to 1.
also, most browser have settings (like the one on firefox that you found) that may enable/disable certain "features".
you can start to debug different browsers by checking the developer's console in each browser and you can google the browser you find problematic.
So I worked on other projects, now returning to this again...
A basic function like holding a touch does not work with animate on any modern browser on windows. Thats an Animate problem, not a browser problem. This needs to get fixed.