• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button and touchscreen on windows

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for posting a similar question twice but I just can't get an answer and I want to make it simple.

1. I make a new HTML5 canvas project 

2. I put one button and add a down state that changes its color

3. I test the project on any browser with a mouse and it works - the button is of different color when it is pressed

4. I test on mobile and it works just as it works on 3.

5. I test on a windows device connected to a touchscreen and the down state doesn't work. Why? 

6. It does work on firefox if I specifically enable 'dom.w3c_touch_events.legacy_apis.enabled' and set 'dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled' to 1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every browser has its own implementation of html, css and javascript.  that adds variability to what users see but eliminates the security issues with using plug-ins (like the defunct flash player which guaranted uniformity among browsers).

also, most browser have settings (like the one on firefox that you found) that may enable/disable certain "features". 

you can start to debug different browsers by checking the developer's console in each browser and you can google the browser you find problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I worked on other projects, now returning to this again...

A basic function like holding a touch does not work with animate on any modern browser on windows. Thats an Animate problem, not a browser problem. This needs to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.  if you think you've found a bug, you can report it here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines