Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button click in game not working with Mac laptop trackpad

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a simple Animate game with buttons needing to be pressed. When the game is played with a Mac laptop trackpad, "tapping" doesn't elicit the buttons to be pressed; this only happens with a hard pressing down until you can audibly hear the mechanical click of the trackpad, which doesn't come naturally to users. Game works fine with a mouse.

See attached video, I am alternating between a tap and a click.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a mousedown event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It has revealed to me that the problem wasn't the click itself, but the fact that the animation for the button clicking doesn't always show, while the code does actually register the click. Looks like I'd better code the animation rather than place it on the Down state of the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines