• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons don't work, navigation to the next scene also does not work, animation does not stop

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im new to animate, I literally just started to use it as part of my university project. Animation is not my field at all, but I am trying to make an action script for my project. First of all, I'm not sure if action script is the right type I should use. None of my buttons worked when I used the codes the software provides, when I put stop(); nothing happens. The animation just plays all my scenes one after the other and does not stop and wait for the buttons to be pressed so that it can navigate to the scene I want it to go to. Please I would really appreciate if someone could figure out what I have done wrong so I can apply this to all my scenes.

I couldn't figure out how to attach my fla file to this but for one of my scenes, code looks like this ;

stop();

start.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_15);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_15(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(120, "Scene 2");

}

Thank you in advance

Jemma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Can you confirm that you really have more than one scene? Because it may be possible that you're using ActionScript in a HTML5 Canvas document.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Yeah, I have like 24 scenes

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Is your code located at frame 1 of the first scene?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is, I tried to put it on the last frame previously but that didn't work either.

Is there a way I can send you the file to have a look? it would probably be easier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can upload your file to file sharing platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, or any other of your preference, and share the link here.

You can also PM me if your content has some privacy issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines