Highlighted

Buttons that are "alive" - how?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I have a button, say a blue box saying "Click Me". When that button is clicked, I want the button to disappear, and a small video, with the same dimensions as the button, start playing where the button is. How do I do this?

2) Is it also possible to have the button itself "animate" in some way - ie. the box morphs into a blue ball upon clicking, which bounces around? How please?

3) Finally, is it possible to have some sort of animation WITHIN the button upon click? ie. a photo of some sort scrolls in from the right while the blue part scrolls off and out to the left?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Buttons that are "alive" - how?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I have a button, say a blue box saying "Click Me". When that button is clicked, I want the button to disappear, and a small video, with the same dimensions as the button, start playing where the button is. How do I do this?

2) Is it also possible to have the button itself "animate" in some way - ie. the box morphs into a blue ball upon clicking, which bounces around? How please?

3) Finally, is it possible to have some sort of animation WITHIN the button upon click? ie. a photo of some sort scrolls in from the right while the blue part scrolls off and out to the left?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) use actionscript or javascript

2) yes, see 1)

3) yes, see 1).

ie, use code. which code depends on whether you're creating an as or js (canvas/html5) project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the easiest way would be to set this all up in a movieClip.

Put a stop action on Frame 1 inside the movieclip with your button sitting on the stage. Then the button can simply play(); to move forward down the timeline (where you can add the animation you spoke about), followed by a stop(); action where you want the animation to stop, and place your video on the stage under the stop action.

This can be done using Actions (F9)

and code snippets so you don't even have to write the code.

In the actions panel they have code snippets that you can double-click and it will add it to the Actions panel for you. Just make sure you give Instance names to your button and movieclip in the Properties panel.

action-snippets.gif

Hope this helps!

cheers,mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will try that, though I'm not that familiar with the interface yet.

Out of curiosity, how much is the difference between the interface of the old Flash 5 and Animate? (I ask cause I have an old book on it - will it be of any use?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2019 0
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are very similar, but Flash 5 is old, and Adobe does make updates fairly often... os it could get confusing.

You can try watching my quick Getting Started Video series on Adobe Animate. It does not get into programming, but you can learn about the workspace, the drawing tools, creation motion tweens, animating on a guide, and learn all about MovieClips. This should get you on the right track.

Getting started with Adobe Animate - YouTube

Hope it can help!

cheers,
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2019 0
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash 5 and Adobe Animate are similar but somethings have changed in Animate and Animate has lots of new tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0