• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can animate cc convert html5 code back to fla file ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!

In flash era , flash CS* can convert .swf file back to .fla to editing in any accident .

Can animate cc convert html5 canvas back to fla file if I know the job created by Animate CC but

3rd party side not provide .fla files to me ?

Remark:

I have fullset html code & js code

and I have fullset png files

I have animate CC

Is it possible convert them back to .fla file not need ask 3rd party provide ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

No, that wouldn't be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that wouldn't be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nipun,

I'm in the same situation as the original poster and I'm trying to revert an HTML and JS fileset back into the .fla file that I published them from. I somehow accidentally lost the .fla file and it seems like I should simply be able to import the separate files back into Animate.

Do you happen to know why this is not possible?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yannickschwarz  wrote

it seems like I should simply be able to import the separate files back into Animate.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that. Then you'll have those files in your library, and nothing else. No timeline, no scripting.

Do you happen to know why this is not possible?

The same reason you can't unbake a cake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClayUUID,

Thank you for the info, but I'm not sure that makes sense to me.

The JS file defines the timeline & scripting so if Animate can write that JS, it should be able to interpret it back into its own file format, timeline and scripting included.

My understanding is that it is unable to do so, not because it would be impossible for Adobe's devs to build the feature, but because the choice was made not to build it, because when the cake is made of digital 1's and 0's, you can definitely unbake it.

I'm curious as to whether that's because it was deemed too complicated/time consuming & not valuable enough or if there is some sort of concern with users abuse or proprietary technology.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be interested in getting this feature added.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, Eltima Software used to make a product called Flash Decompiler Trillix that would take a .swf and make it back into an .fla file (http://www.flash-decompiler.com/) with all images, animations, vector shapes and coding preserved. I'll be curious is they'll update that tool to work with html/javascript canvas files in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines