• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I buy animate as a one-time purchase?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm young and Don't have enough money to pay for a subscrption, Let alone have a debit card, Is there anyway I can buy animate for flash CS6 Legit with only a one-time payment? Ever since I was 7 I used my dad's computer to animate in flash I think CS4 or 3 and am wanting to animate again! I am really good with only flash and want to but animate but don't want to pay a monthly fee! Is there a way to pay only a one time fee or are you guys to greedy? Hopefully not greedy because I'm kinda angry how I can't just buy it without having to pay money I don't have monthly, Please let me know if there is a one time option.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only subscription is available animate and there are no legal copies of older flash versions for sale (from adobe or anyone else).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Pro CS6 was discontinued long ago, but used to cost $699 upfront – so if you say you don't have enough money to pay for a subscription (~$20/month for a single app), then wondering how $700 would be more affordable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im assuming someone would use the software for more than 3 years and since Adobe Animate is over 200€ per year within just 3 years of use, a 700€ one time purchase would already be way more affordable and also a much more fair pricing than the current subscription.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben24795975wer9 

you have to also assume the use does not update their os and does not update their computer or your argument is weakened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that was to consider  why would you mention Flash in the first place? Plus, it is not about "weakening someones argument", it is about the straight up ridiculous pricing of adobe animate and subscription payments being a questionable business model. And my math here was still right, 3 years of an Adobe animate subscription are still more expensive than if it was priced at roughly 700€ for a one time purchase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have realized my mistake, I have confused the accounts of you and the person who mentioned Flash at first, Im sorry. But the rest of my argument still applies 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ^, while yes Adobe Animate at a glance is cheaper, once you start having it for a while it gets more expensive. This is why we need a one time payment option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums, so i'm not sure why you're making this argument here.  if you think you can affect adobe's business model, post here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This argument is also about 10 years old... Adobe switched to the subscription-only model back in 2013, and has not looked back.

To keep up with faster-moving technology, the company changed to a regular cadence of product upgrades which are always included in the price... The old model of monolithic upgrades once every 18-24 months was out of date with modern times – and by law, the purchasing model that CS6 had could not legally add significant new features to the traditional release.

And looking at the results over the past decade, most would say Creative Cloud has been a success. So while you can submit your feedback to Adobe as @kglad suggested, there's very little chance they will ever return to the old model. That train left the station long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no money to spend on renting Animate CC, then your only remaining option is to work with open source and free animation software. And you probably wouldn't be that happy animating in Animate CC anyway, because it is pretty buggy and lacking in performance compared to the older versions you used in the past.

Try OpenToonz and/or Krita. OpenToonz is very powerful, has some great features for the 2d animator, and happens to be completely free. Krita is great for frame-by-frame bitmap animation, and combines well with OpenToonz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines