• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the looping settings for mutliple frames at once, for a graphic symbol?

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So at the moment I am scrolling through a 4000 frame long graphic symbol, and I am individaully selecting each key frame, and switching the looping properties from "play graphic in loop" to "play single frame for the graphic". This is taking a while and I wonder if there is a quicker way to do this.

Step 1: go through and select individual key frame

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.36.44 am.png

Step 2: go to graphic symbol properties, change from loop to play single frame

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.36.53 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.37.04 am.png

My mistake was adding new keyframes within the symbol, after I had already created the keyframe movement of the outside/main graphic symbol.

So can I change the looping setting for all keyframes( or a select range of frames?) Or do I have to go through and click each keyframe and change the individual settings?

Any help will be great, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I can see that the symbols are in armature layers, which I have not tried, but generally speaking you should be able to.

1. Choose Edit Multiple Frames from the button in the timeline:

Clipboard-1.png

2. Define the range to All Frames from the Onion Skinning button to the left of it - do a long press to pop out the menu. (Stupid UX I know).

3. Make sure you unlock all layers that you want to stop and keep all others locked.

4. Choose Select All from the Edit menu or Ctrl+A to make sure all keyframes are selected.

5. Press the button to stop the symbols.

Hope this helps.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nick,

Yes it has been a bit of a delayed response on my part, sorry about.

I just ran into the same problem, and before I went to make a new post I realised I had asked this question before.

Following you advice, (using the select multiple layers) I was able to change all the keyframes within the armiture layer from movie clip to graphic symbol. However I was not able to change all the keyframes 'looping' settings (from ''play graphic in loop'' to ''single frame of the graphic''). It just does not seem to compute, depsite the face I am selecting all keyframes.

Are you able to test this on a armature layer yourslf, and let me know if this is possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My mistake was adding new keyframes within the symbol, after I had already created the keyframe movement of the outside/main graphic symbol."

Your actual mistake was not having the habit to always stop new symbols after creating them, if they are not intended to play.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines