• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Change the Timeline to Start at Frame 0?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I output, I get the following error:

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (8)

Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.

Is there a way to set the Timeline to start at Frame 0 in order to overcome this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

The timeline does start at frame 0 (in Canvas documents).

I'm going to guess you actually mean a way to display the timeline as being 0-based in the Animate IDE. The answer to that would be "No". I'd recommend submitting a feature request to automatically display the timeline as 0-based when working in Canvas documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timeline does start at frame 0 (in Canvas documents).

I'm going to guess you actually mean a way to display the timeline as being 0-based in the Animate IDE. The answer to that would be "No". I'd recommend submitting a feature request to automatically display the timeline as 0-based when working in Canvas documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a blank Canvas document in Animate. It starts at Frame 1, not Frame 0. Why would the display and the actual output be different? If that's the case, it's odd.

Grab.jpg

As for a feature request, that's great, but I'm wondering why this option wasn't automatically included in the app to begin with. Starting on negative frame numbers (much less zero or positive numbers) is common in full 3D animation applications so that your animation curves can do interesting things with pre-rolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucy5by5  wrote

Here's a blank Canvas document in Animate. It starts at Frame 1, not Frame 0.

Yes... we know.

It visually starts at 1 because in AS2/AS3 documents frames start at 1. Making the frame display start at something different depending on the document type would require manpower, which is a finite resource. Adobe apparently hasn't considered this high-priority enough to allocate manpower to fixing yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's just a warning.  it's meaningless once you understand it.

if you don't want to see to turn off warnings in your publish settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This not just an output warning - it disabled my play and stop actions in html5 output conversion - what would be useful is there was some substitute code snippet - how do you call from frame 0 in your MC that starts on frame 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is just a warning, and no, it doesn't disable anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines