• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I see the audio file waveform in a layer?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Animate CC 2019 ( 19.1)

In oldest version i used to put an audio file on a frame to saw the waveform at real time on the bar. Now in this version I am not able to do the same.

Waht am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

And/or use Audition and convert Cowbell.wav to a Bits por muestra: 16 (16Bit) audio file and import that one to Animate.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I can not listen any audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alvaroo

When you say "i used to put an audio file on a frame" I assume you put it into a keyframe in a layer in the Timeline. From that keyframe you have to have enough frames until the end or next keyframe that the duration of the audio file fits into the duration of your frame span.

If you are building for HTML5 Canvas you can only select Sync: Event in the Property Panel. That means you can hear the sound only if you start the playhead in that keyframe where your sound file starts.

If you are building for SWF and Actionscript 3 you can either select Event, which is similar to above, or you select Stream, which means you can hear your sound starting anywhere in the timeline, even in a loop.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Klaus, I mean exactly what you assumes. English is not my home language.

My document is for SWF and Actionscript 3. You are right about the options of Propertu panel, I choose Stream mode for audio but when I put a .wav file on a keyframe there is no sound and no waveform. I remember it worked on previous version.Captura de pantalla 2019-03-01 a las 20.16.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alvaroo,

what do you see in your Timeline? A horizontal line starting in that keyframe where you put your sound file? Have you tried another sound file instead, other than Cowbell.wav?

If your problems don't go away, can you send a screenshot from your Timeline?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how the toolbar looks:

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-02 a las 1.36.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making the layer 300%; It may help see it better. Right-click on layer and choose 'Properies'

Clipboard-2.png

Clipboard-1.png

Maybe your audio is just too quiet?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the captures of the waveform of Cowbell.wav in Audition, the waveform on the extended 300% layer of Animate and the info of the audio file:

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-02 a las 12.38.52.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-03-02 a las 12.39.09.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-03-02 a las 12.42.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRY ANOTHER AUDIO FILE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And/or use Audition and convert Cowbell.wav to a Bits por muestra: 16 (16Bit) audio file and import that one to Animate.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! that was the matter. Audio from 32 to 16 bits. Now it works. Thank you very much.

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-02 a las 13.32.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pleasure. I'm glad it works now.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alvaroo

So your sound (Cowbell.wav) is in Capa 5 ? Is that right? The horizontal axis of the waveform is clearly visible. I reckon the sound file is either to quite (?) or something went wrong during import. There is a weak amplitude visible in frame 96/97, though.

Tell me, what is happening if you try an alternative sound file?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines