• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not load from memory. Your file may be damaged.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the short and sweet version.

I have multiple versions saved of the .fla file I was working on. I went a while without saving but saw that the auto save was running. I finally saved then closed my computer. The next day I open the file and get an error "Can not load from memory. Your file may be damaged". It brings up "scene 2" which is completely blank. :0

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? It seems like a fairly common issue so I'm a bit surprised adobe doesn't have much information on this readily available.. or maybe I'm not looking in the right areas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I'd say the only thing you can count on are the file versions you save yourself.

Also make nightly backups and so on.

Personally I switch off auto-recovery.

In the last two versions - 18 and 19 - they have worked on the fast-save optimisations, which seems to have increased the incidence of file corruption. Caching and delayed-writing often can produce undesired results, not only in Flash / Animate, but other software.

I have not seen these issues addressed publicly in a satisfying way and I don't think there is any other advice than "save as... incrementally" and choose wisely what versions of Flash / Animate you use for serious work. Some are better than others.

Best!

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree. It's just a bit frustrating.. I lost all of the work done during that last stretch. Working with tech support didn't exactly yield a positive result either..

I'm not one to publicly complain or complain generally but when your software has an issue that's tanking people's productivity.. ahh

I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a swf? because if you do you can covert it to a fla and save some of your work.

How To Convert .SWF To FLA - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines