• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change ease for both Symbols and Shapes at the same time anymore????

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2020.   I think it was a bad idea.  I'd like the option to re-install 2018.  

I am working on a show with both symbols and shape tweens mixed together to form the characters (ie: arms are line tool, body is a symbol).   In 2018, I could select all the layers at once and change the ease value for them all at once.   Now, in 2020, I have to select the symbol tweens first, change the ease, and then select the shape tweens, and change their ease.  It slows down my work because it's character animation with 12 layers minimum per character, with line tool layers and symbol layers interspersed with each other.  So i have to manuall ctrl click layers so that I can change their eases.  When you have a 500 frame scene, and tonnes of tweens, this takes forever to get through.   Can we please get the ability to adjust the eases of ALL layers at the same time again?  If it's because of some need to keep them seperate, them PLEASE, put a toggle in so that people that need it, can still use it.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It's never a good idea to upgrade your Animate, esp. in the middle of a project. Always install the new version separately to avoid disasters. They always bring in all kinds of new bugs and regressions.

Here you will find direct links to a standalone installer of Animate 18 - scroll down to the table.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

This site is associated with Adobe as far as I know and the downloads are from Adobe servers and completely legit.

Download the installer and keep it as it is not available in the CC app any more and soon it will disappear completely.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss sent me that link as well.  Thank you though!  

It was a necesity to install the newer version.  Our studio is using mostly 2020 now.  We were stragglers working from home.  There was a weird mask issue that we couldn't see in 2018.  So I installed 2020.  BUT i hit the remove older verison button....  So that's on me.  Anyways, 2020 is laaaagggy.   And they need more color customizing options.  Like there needs to be a grey mode between Dark and Light.  Not sure why they hid the Snap to Objects icon in the Properties instead of keeping it in the toolbar (they added a way to customize the tool bar which is nice, but the snap to object magnet should have been an option in there)..

Anyways thank you!  Hopefully they rad this post and make a note of it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck, mate!

All the things that you note are well-known and many have complained about the much worse UX and the lack of contrast in light versions of the new UI, also waste of space and so on and so on. The list is endless. All in all AA 20 is a very unpleasant program to work with.

Whether there will be improvements in the future no one knows. It seems to always be one step forward and two steps back, so my levels of optimism are not very high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, side from a couple advantages, I'd take Flash MX anyday.  Heck, I've worked at a studio that STILL uses it because why not?  It works.  Does the job.  Doesn't need to be...pun... flashy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I still use CS6 for my work. Combined with EDAP Tools I have the best rigging and posing experience + the best performance. 

New versions are so laggy, it's unbearable.

We've had users tell us they'd cancelled their CC subscription and gone back to Flash 8 + Smart Magnet Rigs. They donate their subscription money to us to keep developing the tools 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash 8!  Sorry, not MX, it was flash 8 that they all use.  The IT guy ran around the internet scrounging up every copy of Flash 8 he could get his hands on because they didnt want to switch to a subscription model.  I've never seen EDAP before.   I'm totally going to look into this more after my deadline friday.   I use Lipper, and a few command scripts that help with tweening without sync and snap, or changing the frame a symbol is at with arrow keys, for hands,feet, eyes, etc.   I tend to keep things basic when I work though.   But I'm definately gonna look at this EDAP thing further.  Thank you much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

🙂 🙂

All the best with your work, mate!

Stay healthy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines