• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't draw short lines or dots in Animate using Surface Pro 6

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I know there are similar posts on this topic but they are old and usually end up being responded to with "There is no solution at this time", seeing as it's been a while and since I gathered a bit more info, I was wondering if maybe someone can figure this out or if any fix has been found since.

I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 tablet, but when I try to draw in Animate it doesn't register my lines at first until I am a few millimeters from where I started, at which point it just makes a straight line from where I started to where the pen is now, and only THEN proceeds to continue using the brush normally. This is such a short range that it doesn't really have any noticable effect on long lines, but it does keep me from drawing dots or short lines entirely. Which is a problem since I use those a lot for things like drawing eye pupils on characters, or closing open shapes so I can fill them in.
 This doesn't really happen with any other program that I am using. I looked online and the only other people having this problem are people using a Bamboo Ink stylus who haven't properly installed their driver. I am not using a Bamboo stylus, I am using the official Microsoft Pen, that as far as I can see, doesn't require any drivers to run.

Things I have found: -This seems to be worse when pressure sensitivity is turned on. When it's off I am able to draw dots, but not short lines. I assume this has to do with the fact that when drawing a short line the stylus lags a bit longer on the screen than when drawing a dot, and for some reason this confuses the program. However, this is still a problem because I'd like to be bale to draw with Pressure sensitivity on. -Based on advice I've seen elsewhere, I have gone into my pen settings and checked off all the boxes such as "show visual effects" or "show cursor", the problem is better but it still very much exists. -I at some point realized that Photoshop did the same thing to a less noticable degree, and realized that the tablet was doing it because it thought holding then pen in one place was like right clicking, so it had a small "range" where if the stylus stays within it for a certain amount of time, it would consider it a right click. I consulted Google, downloaded the appropriate drivers, and found the way to turn off the "Hold pen in one place to right click" thing. This solved the problem for Photoshop entirely, but strangely enough - not for Flash.
Any ideas?
TOPICS
Performance , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only simple fix likely, if anything, is to update your tablet drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did. It didn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can report that problem here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html which won't help you get a timely solution but your best hope for that was the tablet drivers.  periodically check to see if new ones are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines