• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't easily change frame rate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to quickly change the frame rate of an animation by clicking on it and typing a new number. Now that part is grayed out and I have to go into the properties to change it, which takes a while. I'm wondering if there's a way to go back to the easy way of chaning it? 

TOPICS
Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Hi mate,

You can't do it from the Timeline any more.

I believe they locked it because too many people would accidentally click and drag without even noticing and this could have disastrous consequences.

It's happened to me multiple times over the years, but once was really bad as I had moved only a little from 25 to 27 fps.

When it's something drastic you notice right away, but this was at the beginning of work on a project before importing the sounds, so they were mapped incorrectly.

I had animate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You can't do it from the Timeline any more.

I believe they locked it because too many people would accidentally click and drag without even noticing and this could have disastrous consequences.

It's happened to me multiple times over the years, but once was really bad as I had moved only a little from 25 to 27 fps.

When it's something drastic you notice right away, but this was at the beginning of work on a project before importing the sounds, so they were mapped incorrectly.

I had animated nearly two minutes to dialog and sound and only when I finished noticed the problem. Had to resync and re-do the work, which was really a terrible thing to do.

I'm curious. Why would you want to change the frame rate frequently?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't really need to change it frequently but it's just a bit of an inconvenience having to go to the settings to change it. It's not a big problem though. Thanks again! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to change the frame rate directly from the timeline only existed in the 2019 version of Animate. Every other version, prior and subsequent, you had to change it from the document settings. Either Ctrl-J or the document properties window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran across this and not sure if it is still active.  Exactly how do you change the frame rate in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this tip to change Frame Rate. I tried everything before this simple shortcut of Ctrl+J!

Respectfully,

JohnAdobe member forever

Friday, Oct 8th 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines