• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find Filters in Animate CC 2019

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After loading the new animate CC 2019, I can no longer find Filters - to do things like blur an object. Any guidance on finding Filters is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

That symbol is a Graphic. You've never been able to apply filters to Graphic symbols, ever. Make it a Movie Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're right where they've always been, at the bottom of the the Properties pane for symbols.

If that's not the case for your install, post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is where I expected to find them, but I'm not seeing them. See capture attached.Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.14.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 19.1 (Build 349) on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That symbol is a Graphic. You've never been able to apply filters to Graphic symbols, ever. Make it a Movie Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. That's it. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either... My only layer properties available are "Label" and "Sound."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It may be that your file originates in an older version of Flash / Animate (or is not AS3)

If you want to use filters on layers or keys, you need to switch Advanced Layers on (An CC 2019+).

To do this open the Modify menu, choose Document... and in the dialog check Use Advanced Layers.

Then more options will be available in Properties when you select keys or even whole layers.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue, and your answer resolved it for me. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. I'm trying to create a shadow for my walk cycle using the instructional video provided here. However, when I go to the Frame properties, I only see options for Label and Sound. When I turn on Advanced Layers per your instructions above, I'm taken to the Object properties where I can add a Drop Shadow filter, but there is no way to check "Hide object". Here are the screenshots for the Frame properties as well as the Object properties. Would appreciate any thoughts you have.

Object propertiesObject propertiesFrame propertiesFrame properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. Even I too got messed up by this video. I think he coverted from graphic symbol to movie clip to find the filter option which he is not showing in the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buddy, you need to first switch your layers to "Advanced Layers" settings which is right to the Camera and Parenting icons. Once you switch it on you can use Filter and Blend modes like described in the video.

Have fun, CHEERS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines