• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN`T HEAR AUDIO IN ANIMATE CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can`t hear audio in Animate cc! I tried all! I chose all the possible options in the audio settings, I went trhough all the choices in the audio frame settings, I tried all the audio file formats, I tried all the projects formats, I tried everyrhing AND NOTHING CHANGED! when I make SWF file the audio doesn`t play, when I choose just to play audio it doesn`t play, when I choose "stream" in audio settings and try to play it trough frames IT DOES NOT PLAY! Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? (sorry for caps I am just sick and tired of this all)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

I'm starting to think you are on Windows and there's some small setting with your system's audio driver or maybe an aftermarket audio card. Have you tried playing around with your system settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload the audio here? Are you sure the audio plays elsewhere? Have you made sure you turned on streaming in the Audio prefs? What type of file are you using? Wavs and aiffs sometimes have problems in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that the audio isn`t work in animate because I checked everyrhing one more time and all settings were set! I am using MP3s, Wavs and aiffs. So I don`t know why animate doesnt recognize the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up the audio file in your DAW of choice (Audition works well) and convert the sample type to 48000Hz. For some reason any other sample rate Animate doesn't seem to like, resulting in the audio not being heard.

After resampling, save as a WAV or MP3. Personally I prefer WAV and then allow Animate to compress to MP3 if publishing to the web or elsewhere.
Most of the time I simoply export video from Animate sans audio layer and then composite in Premiere Pro with high quality stereo audio. But I digress.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but it didn`t work, maybe I should try not 48000 MHz but some other value? And i found something new! Animate doesn`t recognize  my audio as audio! let me explain, when I drag my audio on the stage, Animate show it like audio on timeline but when I click the right mouse button on the audio frame, Animate doesn`t allow me to split my audio! There`s no this option anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_keyframer  wrote

Open up the audio file in your DAW of choice (Audition works well) and convert the sample type to 48000Hz. For some reason any other sample rate Animate doesn't seem to like, resulting in the audio not being heard.

I assume you meant to say "44100 Hz" there. It's 48KHz that causes problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens. "48000" was not in error. I have always had to resample to 48000 from say 41000 for audio to be heard in Animate CC. I just did a test now with an audio file that is 48000 and i saved a new version of it as 41000, imported both and the 41000 can not be heard. There's no visible waveform with the 41000 version.
I just completed 10 animated videos, all with voice over in WAV format and I had to edit each of the original VO recordings and saved each one as 48000 before importing to Animate.
When I close my eyes at night, all I see is "48000"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_keyframer  wrote

The plot thickens. "48000" was not in error. I have always had to resample to 48000 from say 41000 for audio to be heard in Animate CC. I just did a test now with an audio file that is 48000 and i saved a new version of it as 41000, imported both and the 41000 can not be heard.

There must be something exceedingly strange about your setup, because these forums are littered with reports of people having trouble because they tried to import 48KHz audio.

In fact Adobe's own documentation has this to say on the subject:

"...Animate can import either 8- or 16-bit sounds at sample rates of 11, 22, or 44 kHz. Sounds recorded in formats that are not multiples of 11 kHz (such as 8, 32, or 96 kHz) are resampled when imported into Animate."

How to use sound in Adobe Animate CC

Maybe Jego is trying to import 24-bit audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made my audio file 16 bit and animate started recognize it! Now I can split audio butt still I can`t hear it anywhere! Nor on the timeline, nor In the SWF file but thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tripled check just now because sometimes I do have senior moments but indeed 48000 works for me and 41000 does not. Here's my test FLA included the 2 source files...

AudioTest.zip - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing what we know, the next step would be if you could upload your FLA and audio file somewhere we can download and take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but sent permissions request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the files and opened the FLA and I can hear your audio just fine in the timeline. What platform are you on? I'm on a MacBook Pro (mid 2015) Retina running Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to think you are on Windows and there's some small setting with your system's audio driver or maybe an aftermarket audio card. Have you tried playing around with your system settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`ll try play with my audio settings but it`s strange because I can hear my audio everywhere but not in the animate. I am on HP Omen (start of 2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND MY ISSUE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH _keyframer!!! I JUST MUTED ANIMATE IN MY PC SETTINGS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know that was a thing! The ability to mute specific software. Thanks for posting the solution. Good for us to know. Glad you sorted it out. Happy animating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg how did you do it? I'm think having the same exact problem because I've downloaded 5 different versions of Animate, tried every setting, and nothing is working! :C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you publishing as3 or hyml5 and what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as3-- no matter what sound settings I've changed in animate the audio is NOT playing back, not on the timeline and not even when I open up the properties of the audio in my library and hit "test". Even in the "edit envelope" effect menu the audio will not play at all. I've tried different wav files and mp3 and mp4 files and nothing has worked. I've used animate for a number of years now and never had this problem, but I did have a weird audio glitch happen on my pc a month ago where the audio was linked to the wrong output or something and all the audio was garbled until I pressed enough buttons and found the right setting to fix it. I hope I didn't mess anything up with animate, though all my other adobe apps play back audio just fine.

Thank you for responding to me! I was kinda freaking out haha...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what animate version?  (i've never seen/heard a problem with compatible audio.)

i just tested an mp3 in 22.0.8 and hear no problem

open your sound in audition and save with either 8- or 16-bit sounds at sample rates of 11, 22, or 44 kHz.

then import and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines