Highlighted

can't hold left click on a tool that has multiple mode in AnimateCC 2019

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I try holding left click on a tool item that can expand (have multiple mode) but when ever I hold left click, the small pop up that contain multiple mode for that tool item appear and disappear very quickly, so I'm not able to select it.

I try choosing multiple tool mode by holding left click on other Adobe software like Photoshop and Illustrator and it works fine.

How should I fix this problem because I can't select tools that I want to use?

PS. I have Windows 10 using Animate CC 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can't hold left click on a tool that has multiple mode in AnimateCC 2019

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I try holding left click on a tool item that can expand (have multiple mode) but when ever I hold left click, the small pop up that contain multiple mode for that tool item appear and disappear very quickly, so I'm not able to select it.

I try choosing multiple tool mode by holding left click on other Adobe software like Photoshop and Illustrator and it works fine.

PS. I have Windows 10 using Animate CC 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faxf63608047  wrote

Hi faxf

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 10.13.28.png

That must be nervewrecking, sorry for that.

I use MacOS, so it might be slightly different to your mouse interactions with the UI, though, I don't think so.

"I try holding left click ..." - I think you don't need to hold the left click. I always click the tool once, make sure it is highlighted and the top tool is selected (here the Pen Tool) and then I just click it again (without holding) and the tool sub menu opens up and stays still for a further selection.

Try it out, good luck

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's a .gif of what happen, no matter how I left,right click or holing, it always be like this.1.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

not ideal but can you re-install Animate CC and reset your preferences to see if that helps?

I just checked online and someone sounds like they had similar on Premiere Pro. They had a corrupted work space. This seemed to resolve it.

Worth a shot.

Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Not a fix for this issue, but a workaround is to press the tool shortcut repeatedly to cycle through all tools associated to that shortcut.

For example: if you keep pressing the R key, you are going to cycle between the Rectangle Tool and the Rectangle Primitive Tool.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thank you for the help! I try reinstall and reset preference (delete preference folders/files manually and let Animate reset to default setting), but It doesn't work.

Also with workaround using shortcut I'm OK with this but what about tool options that doesn't seem to have shortcut like "Pencil Mode", It doesn't seem to appear in Edit -> Keyboard Shortcut Setting either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 0
GoryGreg LATEST
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it's not working still.

Can I ask, and this may be totally obvious, but when you say you are 'holding the left click' is this on a mouse or a graphics tablet pen? Just asking as I can set one of the buttons on my graphics tablet pen buttons to be 'left click'.

Are graphics card drivers up-to-date? And latest version of Animate CC?

Sorry I know these might seem like tedious and obvious questions but the more information could help.

It could be something really obvious.

Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2019 1