Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't set position and size values to round numbers

New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm working on multiple flash files that set up a game UI. It's basically a collection of a lot of textures, movie clips and animations.

I've moved stuff around as I was working to get them in the position I needed them, however, I noticed that in doing that the positioning was sometimes set to values like 4.95.

I need the numbers to be round values, but when I try to manually input a value of 5 it simply reverts to 4.95 and whatever I do I cannot get it to be a round value.

The snapping was set to pixels all along, but even removing that or changing it to something else doesn't fix the issue.

The files is in Action Script 3.0, latest Adobe animate version, windows.

Do you guys have any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ancaa

It it is for praprammatic reasons so important to have you movieclips (and textures, animations - as far as they are instances of Symbols which can be instance-named) positioned on rounded numbers, you could use AS3 to do so. Place them on the stage and provide an instance name (Properties). Let's say "mc_on_straight_5" and add in the Actions Panel:

mc_on_straight_5.x = 5;

mc_on_straight_5.y = 5;

That should make sure.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate can show different positions for a clip in the Info window depending on whether it's set to display the position of the registration point (the cross) or the transformation point (the circle). This is toggled by clicking the icon to the left of the "X:" in the Info window. If attempting to set a coordinate for the center of an object, then yeah, you're going to get non-integer values.

Your best bet for precise positioning is to align the content inside each clip so the registration point is in the top-left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies. The transformation was set to registration point, and all of the movie clips have the base content(the bitmap) set to 0/0. I've tried toggling between registration and transformation point , but it still doesn't work.

I'll give the action script a try, although to do that manually for each movie clip will take a long time.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Try zooming in to 2000% and use the arrow keys to move the objects.

Before that make sure all snapping is disabled.

After that if you go back to 100-200-400% zoom and move with the arrow keys or activate snap to pixels things should start working as expected.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines