• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we use animate CC and Illustrator on Ryzen 5 processor laptop?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning buy laptop with Ryzen 5 processor, will Adobe animate CC and other Adobe apps work on Ryzen 5 or only on Intel processor these apps will work fine ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren, 

Thank you very much for the reply. I have already visited that link. In that Adobe animate system requirements link they mentioned Intel alone, they could have mentioned other processor name as well.  If we browse in YouTube, some videos are confusing that only Intel processor will support adobe apps well like that.

Can you help to clarify..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Animate CC might run anyway, however, Adobe CC applications that support AMD Ryzen say so in the processor specifications.  

The main reason to stick to the published system requirements - aside from being able to run the software in the first place - is so that Adobe Support can assist you should the need ever arise.

For example, the Premiere Pro system requirements read, "Intel® 6th Gen or newer CPU – or AMD Ryzen™ 1000 Series or newer CPU".  So, you can expect the software to run as expected and you can expect that if it doesn't that a support agent can verify that the software is installed correctly.

That said After Effects lists Intel for Windows and macOS, but you'll find performance benchmarks for After Effects running under the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO 3995WX on AMD's website. 

Do you already have a Ryzen based workstation or are you considering the purchase of one?  If you already have one and your subscription includes Animate, just install it and see what happens.  (And report back).  If you're considering the purchase of one, perhaps purchase it from someplace that will allow you to return it or exchange it so you have time to test your workflow.  The performance benchmarks for Premiere Pro and After Effects are impressive.  Animate may or may not do just as well.

The main reason I can't answer you with 1st hand knowledge is that I've gone with Intel to run Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encoder and - on occasion - Animate.  Although, if I did a lot of 3D work, I'd probably favor Ryzen right now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines