Highlighted

can you export sprite sheets at a custom resolution?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export animations I make in Animate to a sprite sheet however Animate doesnt seem to provide an option for what resolution to export in.

The "export as PNG sequence" option does however allow you to provide a custom resolution, so I dont get why the export as sprite sheet feature doesnt.

I then drew my animation at the resolution I wanted to display it as (35px x 66px) but when i rendered it, it looked like garbage.

The only solution at the moment seems to be to export as an PNG sequence from a high resolution to my resolution and then manually merge each seperate image into a sprite sheet myself but there has to be an easier way!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can you export sprite sheets at a custom resolution?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export animations I make in Animate to a sprite sheet however Animate doesnt seem to provide an option for what resolution to export in.

The "export as PNG sequence" option does however allow you to provide a custom resolution, so I dont get why the export as sprite sheet feature doesnt.

I then drew my animation at the resolution I wanted to display it as (35px x 66px) but when i rendered it, it looked like garbage.

The only solution at the moment seems to be to export as an PNG sequence from a high resolution to my resolution and then manually merge each seperate image into a sprite sheet myself but there has to be an easier way!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2019 0
Guide ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not scale up the whole stage with the content and export after that?

Clipboard-1.png

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i understand correctly (im new to animate), the problem with that is that if I scale my animation up and export, ill end up with a massive sprite sheet file - what i want is the following:

Draw a high quality animation and then export at a lower resolution. This is possibble if I export as a png sequence but I need a sprite sheet instead, which doesnt seem to support this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yeah, the sprite sheet exporter allows only to change the exported canvas size, not to change the size (resolution) of the exported element. You need to scale the element before the export.

If you want to export the entire timeline animation as a sprite sheet, you need first to wrap-up the animation within a symbol and scale it to fit the desired size.

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0