• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas Project, doesnt scale, even though SCALE in properties is enabled.

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my title says, my project in canvas mode doesnt expand to fill the screen. Even though the project size itself is 1920x1080 still it looks miniature with hyperpixellated text. Looks like 400*200 or so. CTRL+ENTER also shows it so small and even the final when uploaded also runs the same way, small and in one corner of the page. Trying to design a simple webpage here.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought everyone collectively realized at least a decade ago that entirely FlashAnimate-based web pages are a terrible idea.

Well anyway, are you telling us you've checked both "Make responsive" [sic] and "Scale to fill visible area" under your publish settings? Because that's all it should take to make a Canvas document automatically stretch to fill the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im an old dinosaur. Everyone wont have the capabilities that you have, so i admit im naive. I was good at flash programming and now due to its abandonment am forced to work with this alternative.

Im working in Animate 2015, hence the Publish panel doesnt have MAKE RESPONSIVE etc. Ive seen YouTube vidoes and thats how i know that latest versions have that. Im only setting the stage properties > SCALE option to true. 😞

On a side note would you tell me (since relying on flash was a bad idea [fortunately for me my pure flash based heavily animated websites ran 12 years till now and still are with only a fear of their future after 2020] what software is a better option to work on well animated websites ? Will dreamweaver be able to animate and fade buttons/paragraph content and backgrounds etc in a slick way ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you insist on sticking with Animate 2015 for some reason, you may be forced to roll your own JavaScript to scale things, as discussed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4bYLB0ypY

As for "slick" animation in conventional web pages, that's what CSS3 animations are for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that you have the stage width and height set to 1920 and 1080, but it is previewing and publishing at a much smaller size?

I'm curious as to why you are still using 2015... any particular reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines