Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Animate Start Menu won't open up / it's just a black screen

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am "fluent" in other programms such as Id, Psd, Ai, Pr, Ae so when I had to open Animate for a project,

I thought I would be relatively fine navigating my way around it. After all, the basics of Adobe are all the same.

However, whenever I open Animate CC19 it just greets me with a black screen. No start menu that usually pops up - just a black screen and the usual top bar menu (file, view, edit...etc.). But any option like "file-new" is grayed out and I can't really do anything. 

All Options are grayed outAll Options are grayed outNo Start Up menu appearsNo Start Up menu appears

The only thing I've managed to do so far is the "file-new from template" option. But that opens just an example project that cannot be edited. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I googled the problem, but nobody seems to have the same problem as me. It seems just silly to me that I cannot even open an adobe programm after using similar programs for over 10 years.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Any help is much appriciated.

Mac User - Mac OS Sierra 10.12.06

TOPICS
Download and install , Error , Missing feature , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Hi mate,

Try to search the forum for an answer. There is at least one topic that will guide you how to resolve the issue, but basically it is related to your network configuration which prevents your computer from accessing some online resources that populate the Start Screen.

Just found something: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Animate/Updated-to-Animate-2019-and-cannot-create-a-new-general-file/m-p/10465235

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Try to search the forum for an answer. There is at least one topic that will guide you how to resolve the issue, but basically it is related to your network configuration which prevents your computer from accessing some online resources that populate the Start Screen.

Just found something: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Animate/Updated-to-Animate-2019-and-cannot-create-a-new-general-file/...

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks so much for your quick response. Turns out I used to wrong keywords in my search: Your post nailed it!!!!

your link helped me fix my problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, mate 🙂

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines