• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cephtmlengine on Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cephtmlengine is taking up an incredible amount of my CPU usage. This has been discussed in other forums with adobe providing a solution but it only addresses other apps, not Animate, so it's not possible to apply the solutions to Animate.

So my question is-- how do i fix the cephtmlengine problem that is happening on Animate. I'm on the latest version of Animate on a mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine looks like it can easily be applied to animate, if you think it's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i already went through that link. The reason i posted this as a new question is because that link does not address how to fix it in Animate. The folder locations they give are for other apps, and the folders in animate are not the same, so it's not clear what needs to be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't address it but it's obvious from looking at the ps, dw, id, ai, premiere fixes, how to apply to animate.

if you can't see that or that fix fails, using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously haven't tried it. No, it's not obvious. Solution 1 doesn't work, solution 2 - animate has different directory names so it's not obvious where things go. Replacing individual files by matching names to the ones in the zip adobe provides didn't work either.

If you have the same problem as me and you have tried a solution that worked, please post it.

If you don't have the problem and don't know of a solution other than the one i referred to in the original post (and the one in your link), then let's just wait for someone who knows the solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you’re welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is really annoying because my mac book has its fan on full power all the time! It sucks a lot of battery, too. I can just force quit the damn CEPHTMLENGINE every 5 minutes! Like wrote the info on how to close it for good in other programs does not apply in animate. I checked and everything is different. There aren't even com.adobe.DesignLibraries.xxx files that you could try and remove or anything....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work-around solution is this:

Open the Animate application with Crtl-Click 'Show Package Contents'

Go to Contents/MacOS

Delete (or move to desktop) the file CEPHtmlEngine

Caveat Emptor:

NB1. Do this at your own risk

NB2. This will disable the New File dialogue. So get around that either use New Template or creating a standard Flash file with your prefered settings before you make the change. Then use a copy of that file to start new projects, eduting is settings as needed.

NB3. This has the added benefit of removing a lot of distracting pushed 'content' from your Animate interface

NB4. I have only tried this on Animate 2019 so far.

NB5. If anyone on this forum does not approve of my suggested work-around, then please come up with a better one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works on all versions on Mac.

I always do it to not allow gigabytes of Adobe crap to be downloaded after each update.

On Win I block the engine via an advanced rule in the firewall.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines