Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color of overlap

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody knows a way to achieve a colorchange of the overlapping part of two shapes. I have tried all the blend modes, but couldn't get the right result. What I would like to achieve is that when two shapes overlap, I would be able to choose the color of that overlapping part.

I want the shapes to move towards each other and than overlap and have complete control of what color that overlapping part has.

In this example below that part is white:

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-17 om 15.06.16.png

Does anybody know a way to do this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want the overlap region to be some arbitrary color that's not the result of any particular filter function, you're going to have to do it manually, by animating the shapes as vector outlines, converting the animation to individual frames if you're using tweens, merging them into a single layer, then filling each segment with the colors you want.

Or you could do something fancy with masks, where the overlapping shape is duplicated as a mask that reveals the overlap color, but that might be even more work depending on the type of animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines