Highlighted

Change format when uploading animation to YouTube.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow Adobe animate users,

I would like to eventually upload my animations to YouTube. However, I have read on other sites that the best two options for format size are either 1290*720 or 1920*1080.

Now, I would like to change my stage size, which is currently height: 550. width: 400 (550*400), to one of the abovementioned sizes. However, I would like the content (so all my drawings, etc.) to change along with the stage, so that not only the stage (or scene panel, whatever one likes to call it), becomes larger while all drawings & animations stay at 550*400 in my case.

I already tried it once when I clicked on "scale content" as well, but only the stage became bigger, while all the content inside just stayed the same size.

So, to conclude, are 1290*720 and/or 1920*1080 the right size formats for Youtube, and is it still possible to change both my stage/scene panel along with all its content to another, (larger) size.

This would help me out a lot, therefore thank you in advance!

Kind Regards.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change format when uploading animation to YouTube.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow Adobe animate users,

I would like to eventually upload my animations to YouTube. However, I have read on other sites that the best two options for format size are either 1290*720 or 1920*1080.

Now, I would like to change my stage size, which is currently height: 550. width: 400 (550*400), to one of the abovementioned sizes. However, I would like the content (so all my drawings, etc.) to change along with the stage, so that not only the stage (or scene panel, whatever one likes to call it), becomes larger while all drawings & animations stay at 550*400 in my case.

I already tried it once when I clicked on "scale content" as well, but only the stage became bigger, while all the content inside just stayed the same size.

So, to conclude, are 1290*720 and/or 1920*1080 the right size formats for Youtube, and is it still possible to change both my stage/scene panel along with all its content to another, (larger) size.

This would help me out a lot, therefore thank you in advance!

Kind Regards.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elvinius25  wrote

...1290*720...

...1290*720....

1280x720.

720p and 1080p are both 16:9 aspect ratio resolutions. Your content is not, so if you export at either of those resolutions, you'll end up with huge black borders on the left and right. 550x400 is actually very close to SD aspect ratio (1.375:1 vs 1.333:1), so you'd be better off converting to 640x480. That way you'd only shave a tiny bit off the left and right of your animation, or have a narrow strip of nothing at the top and bottom.

As for the scaling, all you should have to do is copy the entire animation into a container movieclip, then scale the movieclip to scale the animation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will try and put it on 640*480 then. Thank you for the reply!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I just want to point out that if you change the stage dimensions in the Document Settings and check Scale content, all of your content should be scaled as well.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! I'll give it a try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 0