Highlighted

Change temp .MOV location in 2020

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I've noticed when exporting a video, Animate 2020 likes to create a temporary .mov file to C:/

But, my computer is set up with a C-Drive that's very limited on space (used for booting up my computer) and a bigger drive (D:/) to store information. I installed Animate 2020 on the bigger drive, D:/-- yet Animate 2020 still insists on creating the temp .MOV file on C:/

Because there's not enough space on C:/-- Animate will always crash when trying to create the temp .MOV.

Is there a way to change where Animate 2020 saves the temp .MOV file?

TOPICS
Error, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change temp .MOV location in 2020

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I've noticed when exporting a video, Animate 2020 likes to create a temporary .mov file to C:/

But, my computer is set up with a C-Drive that's very limited on space (used for booting up my computer) and a bigger drive (D:/) to store information. I installed Animate 2020 on the bigger drive, D:/-- yet Animate 2020 still insists on creating the temp .MOV file on C:/

Because there's not enough space on C:/-- Animate will always crash when trying to create the temp .MOV.

Is there a way to change where Animate 2020 saves the temp .MOV file?

TOPICS
Error, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document you are exporting already saved to D drive? I don't think there's a way to specify a scratch disk in AnCC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the file I'm exporting is already on D:/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day.
I'm having this same issue. I got a animation project I've been working on for a while. Everytime I go to export it, the temp MOV file that is getting created dramatically fills up my C: drive despite I install this program onto my Data 😧 drive which has A LOT of space. Adobe can you give us a solution how we can change the temp MOV file location to DATA 😧 drive so that it will not impact or crash the exporting proccess. Us paying customers have the right to be heard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Yes I am exporting all my projects to 😧 drive, However the Temp MOV files made I want to change it to 😧 So that it doesn't fill My C: drive dangerously fast  as it keeps crashing the program all the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0